RhuntIII    555

Mounting Corson Piper's Surf racks on top of a Gladiator Tower. I held onto my racks from the Big Toe because this is the only way I have found to cary my longboards safely and out of the way. IMG_6179.jpg.5dca6aede76271f04f43a82a3507ae26.jpgGladiator Tower with out the bimini.IMG_6180.jpg.99bbf4a0a6c3c835b1bac6fe17056212.jpgMounting plates for the racks.IMG_6183.jpg.0b8c910f573d7bed8aed328bc05b764b.jpgPiper's surf racks.IMG_6186.jpg.e8faafb8a178f16866f02734e9eda243.jpgThis is my centerline taken from the joint where the tower bolts together. These are the holes to be tapped out to a 1/4x20 machine bolt

.IMG_6187.jpg.0bdebb3129f4d3e5a45a3670576620fd.jpgTap tool tapping 

IMG_6188.jpg.bc02c623edaa2e825bb04d368471d7ee.jpgFirst plate mounted with counter sunk machine bolts.

Edited by RhuntIII

RhuntIII    555

I probably installed and removed these plates 100 times. I took a lot of eyeballing, measuring and cutting to get then where I needed. Then to have the welder tack them into place.

IMG_6181.jpg

IMG_6182.jpg

IMG_6189.jpg

IMG_6190.jpg

IMG_6191.jpg

IMG_6192.jpg

IMG_6193.jpg

RhuntIII    555

Here you can see where the the racks will mount to. After seeing this I decided to make them a little wider. The racks are just clamped into place.

IMG_6194.jpg

IMG_6195.jpg

IMG_6196.jpg

IMG_6197.jpg

IMG_6198.jpg

IMG_6199.jpg

IMG_6200.jpg

RhuntIII    555

Here you can see the larger plate where we went wider and bolted to the tower. The last photo is the top of the bimini with "Xs" marking the top of the screws. Bimini was sent to the Upholsterer"s to have holes cut out and zippers installed.

IMG_6203.jpg

IMG_6204.jpg

IMG_6205.jpg

IMG_6206.jpg

IMG_6207.jpg

IMG_6208.jpg

IMG_6209.jpg

RhuntIII    555

Back from Powder Coating 

IMG_6211.jpg

IMG_6212.jpg

IMG_6213.jpg

IMG_6220.jpg

IMG_6221.jpg

RhuntIII    555

The final stages of mounting the racks. I used the red lock tight into the tower and marine grade silicone to clean up the edges around the mounting bracket. You can also see my centerline from the top of the light. So many curves and angles on this project! 

IMG_6222.jpg

IMG_6223.jpg

IMG_6224.jpg

IMG_6225.jpg

IMG_6226.jpg

Edited by RhuntIII

RhuntIII    555

Finally the bimini, I think it came out pretty good with the zipper and velcro flap. All we need to do now is water test. The zipper is double sided and the upholsterer suggested on cutting off the bottom handle but I'm gonna wait.

IMG_6393.jpg

IMG_6394.jpg

IMG_6395.jpg

IMG_6396.jpg

IMG_6397.jpg

IMG_6398.jpg

IMG_6399.jpg

IMG_6400.jpg

IMG_6402.jpg

Edited by RhuntIII
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

RhuntIII    555

As soon as I can get on the water I'll post up in use pics. 

• Like 1
  • Like 2

Nick213    583

I must add, that's some quality workmanship my friend. I wasn't expecting the brackets and everything painted. It all seems top notch!

RhuntIII    555
16 minutes ago, Nick213 said:

I must add, that's some quality workmanship my friend. I wasn't expecting the brackets and everything painted. It all seems top notch!

Power Coated not painted. ??

• Like 1

Nick213    583
2 minutes ago, RhuntIII said:

Power Coated not painted. ??

We'll of course that's what I meant, my bad my bad??

• Like 1

DrNate    426

Looks good, can't wait to try it out for actual usage results.

Jake707    171

Dam fine job, and props to your welder. I love the look of a good "row of nickles" when welding haha. The PC and bimini work make it look factory, or better actually. Might have a nice side business there

Bongo Fury    640

Awesome Rhunt!!   Great to see these mod projects on the site!!  We used to have a bunch of guys like you, h2oking and others posting their mods but not much any more.  Always love to see them!!  Thanks for posting this up!!!

• Like 2

RhuntIII    555
2 hours ago, Bongo Fury said:

Awesome Rhunt!!   Great to see these mod projects on the site!!  We used to have a bunch of guys like you, h2oking and others posting their mods but not much any more.  Always love to see them!!  Thanks for posting this up!!!

Man, that's what really drew me to this site back then. Lot's of cool guys hanging around and posting up their mods, now it's just bragging on how big their big boat is and Centurion now makes the best surf boat in the industry. IMO they have been making the best surf boat since the Avy. Anyways, Once I reach my mod peak I'll quit posting just like the others and if my next boat is a Centurion I'll start all over again and document my projects and maintenance here. 

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

Great work man, totally went the extra mile to make it look perfect. Love it

stoked    1,039
14 hours ago, Bongo Fury said:

Exactly! I guess the boats that need modded are getting replaced with boats that don't. Most posts now are how much lead and what are your settings. <rant>It's also getting to be too much "this model is better than this model" and "this year better than this year" pissing contests. I guess they're helpful to those needing to make decisions, but too many opinions are passed as fact for me.</rant> I've noticed I'm on here less and less these days. I must be getting old. 

Edited by stoked