Sign in to follow this  
BoardCo

Centurion vs Malibu vs Nautique Power and Performance

BoardCo    110

Part 2 of our video series comparing a Centurion Ri25, Nautique G23 and Malibu 24MXZ - this time we hit on fuel economy for wakeboarding, 0-23mph speed when loaded and the difference between a Centurion Ri257 w/ a H6 and a Nautique G23 w/ XR7 when it comes to power. Hope you fellas enjoy!

http://www.mmwatersports.com/boat-performance/centurion-vs-malibu-vs-nautique-power-and-performance/

• Like 1

chowder2016    110

This was on Sunday, 3 people in boat + 1000lbs of lead surfing at just over 3K RPM's.  On my XR7 my guess would be that it uses slightly less fuel than the H6 since its not working as hard.  Either way sub 10 GPH is amazing.  I definitely blow through most of my fuel cruising from spot on the delta to another 45 minutes of cruising each way is pretty common for us.

IMG_0512.jpg

• Like 2
  • Like 2

wheels    151
1 hour ago, chowder2016 said:

This was on Sunday, 3 people in boat + 1000lbs of lead surfing at just over 3K RPM's.  On my XR7 my guess would be that it uses slightly less fuel than the H6 since its not working as hard.  Either way sub 10 GPH is amazing.  I definitely blow through most of my fuel cruising from spot on the delta to another 45 minutes of cruising each way is pretty common for us.

IMG_0512.jpg

Wow I couldn’t imangine having to cruise 45mins each way, I am surfing right off my dock. Why so far?

great wave!

Edited by wheels

luluzer    50

Hey @BoardCo, i see where centurion came out with the opti-v hull in 2018, whats your opinion of the comparative fuel efficiency with a 2017 or 2016 RIs?  Is it too much to ask you do a similar power and fuel consumption diagnosis with a 2017 on the lot? Thanks in advance if possible.

Darkside    248
8 hours ago, chowder2016 said:

IMG_0512.jpg

RPM is a touch higher on H6.  I am 3300-3700 depending on CATS and tab position.  My average is 7GPH, I also run 1000 pounds of lead.   (16x15 prop)

@luluzer 257 had opti V since launch.  They added it to 237 and claimed a 50% improved fuel economy.  

BoardCo    110

The question of a 2018 Ri237 vs. a 2016-2017 is one we have gotten a fair bit. The 50% improvement in fuel efficiency that the factory is stating I believe is a 2018 Ri237 vs. a 2016 Ri237. In 2017 they changed the shaft angle which improved the fuel efficiency by probably 25% (because of the new propeller options) and then another 25% improvement with Opti-V.

If the current Ri237 / Ri257 has Opti-V 2.0 then the Ri217 (all years) is basically Opti-V 1.5. The 217 is more fuel efficient than previous Ri237 hulls though not quite as efficient as the 2018 Opti-V hull on the Ri237 and Ri257.

Though we haven't hooked a Diacom up to a 2016 or 2017 Ri237 I can state from personal experience at Surf Events that it is still definitely more fuel efficient than a Nautique G series or Malibu MXZ. When we ran a 2016 Ri237 at the Utah Surf Fest it was the only boat that could get through the whole day on a single tank of fuel and all of the other boats had to refuel about 2/3 through the day despite having a similar size gas tank.

• Like 1

chowder2016    110
On 1/10/2018 at 1:03 PM, wheels said:

Wow I couldn’t imangine having to cruise 45mins each way, I am surfing right off my dock. Why so far?

great wave!

I can be surfing about 15 minutes from my dock. Lots of slow water. But to get from my dock to the different restaurants and hang out spots out on the Delta you have to cover pretty long distances.