Birddog

The S238 Feeback thread

Birddog    3

Now that the S238 has been out for a couple of years I would really like to hear feedback from the owners of the 238 on this site. I'm in the market for a bigger boat and my main focus is Surfing. I want a nice long pocket. I don't mind adding weight in the form of larger bags and or lead. Id really like to avoid having bags in seats etc like I do now with my Sanger. I'm looking at a 2016 S238 possibly an MB B52. Talk to me.

NW Vettes    11

If you are looking at s238 than I’d highly suggest getting a 2017 or 2018. Well worth the extra money for the touch screen. I’m contemplating selling my loaded 2017 S238 :-) (in Spokane Washington) I’m looking at ordering a G23 or Ri257. 

• Like 1

NW Vettes    11

By the way I love the S338 but I change boats ever year. The S238 once it’s bagged out with weight and the owner learns to dial it in is one of the better all round waves out there. I was amazed how big, clean and long we got our wave this summer. The boat does have a learning curve to get it dialed but once you do it’s a beautiful thing. 

h20king    794

Here is the skinny. The 16 238 out surfs the newer ones. Supreme changed the prop shaft angle in 17 and that changed everything. Sure the 17 and newer have a digital dash but it does not surf as good as a 16 will. We have loved both our Supremes and have had Zero issues to speak of.  If new 238's surfed as well as our 16 238 did we would have just bought another one instead of spending all the extra money to go with a fi23. . As for ballast on the 238 we ran a wakemakers bag upgrade and 640 lbs of pop bags  all under the seat

Edited by h20king
  • Like 1

Birddog    3

thanks for the info, touchscreen is low on my list of needed items. Do you run the surfsystem or listed?

MFaso    56

Haven't been on here in a few weeks. I have a 2017 S238. It was my first surf boat and last season was my first summer with it. Surfed April to October here in Jersey. Took me about a month(weekends) to figure everything out, including dropping the rope.(I am a new surfer as well)

I have the wakemakers upgrade which does put bags under the side seats but I didn't need that space at all. There are plenty of other places to keep stuff. I don't use the bow bag at all so I used all of that space. People are usually sitting on the bench seats anyway so you would need to have them get up to get in there every time. I also have 500lbs of lead. The wave was nice but I was out with only 1 person surfing a LOT. Or just my wife and 2 young stick figure kids... So, I bought a 450lb sumo sack for those days and just put it on the floor. It was fine without it but I think I bought it for $100 and once you try it, you are hooked on it. As I said, most of the time it was 1 surfer and a driver in the boat. the wave is insane once you figure out what works.

I don't know what it's like without the touchscreen but I wanted it. I don't know if I'd like the rocker switches as much but I've never used them. There are a few non-supreme surf boats surfing out there when I'm out during the week. Their wave isn't comparable to mine and they are always looking. They are also right up near the boat. :)

I love the boat. I haven't had any issues with it other than learning how to use reverse with an inboard, which is on me...lol

I had so much fun surfing that I didn't even try wakeboarding or knee boarding. The knee board never even made it to the boat. I stuck my first 360 on the very last trip out which really topped off my season. I'm hoping I can stick it when the boat goes back in, in April!

Here are some shots from last summer. Some days the wave was cleaner than others. I went out when it was VERY windy a bunch of times. If I'm going to surf, I'm surfing no matter what the lake is like. Had a good time no matter what the conditions.

IMG_20170923_131506.jpg.75f91fffb7f614ee2e82d2d2c2128cb5.jpgIMG_20170720_191057.jpg.452da3ebd563b0934c5d260a45491f2d.jpgIMG_20170822_210544_01.jpg.d1523256f1ffa097dcd43a09d5c8e09a.jpgIMG_20170720_190306.jpg.28055e2d90f58e273d73004b7e8f3b31.jpgIMG_20170720_190750.jpg.2a0754d06434300515e817bac31f2241.jpg

Edited by MFaso
  • Like 1

Birddog    3

thanks for this! this site is light on pics and videos, that wake looks big and long! very encouraging. what motor do you have?

Edited by Birddog

h20king    794

Not the best pic but you can see how much cleaner the 16 wake ispost-777-0-96230300-1469741122_thumb.jpg

MFaso    56

I've gotten it like that as well H20 but most days there is a decent amount of wind and chop here. (And a ton of other boats) I stopped worrying about it. It really makes no difference. Size matters. :)

I have the 409. I think it was only an extra $700 so it was a no brainer.

MFaso    56

Here is another. I was on a 6'1 ocean board though. We had a lot of fun switching to this board a lot this summer. My kids always yell "fire hydrant!". It's not that easy for me. I probably only pulled it off 3 times. The other times I ate it. haha

IMG_20170723_110526.jpg.c5ab4ece425eda2a6e115b3f18318e12.jpg

h20king    794
On 1/13/2018 at 11:52 AM, Birddog said:

what speed are you guys at?

11.8 MPH for us. The 16's just surf better than the 17 + model years. If they still surfed as good I would have just bought another one and saved 30k. Love love loved our 16 238.

• Like 2

MFaso    56

I'm at 11.1. Never really experimented with a faster speed. Might make the wake cleaner but I was happy with my settings so once I was surfing consistently, I left it alone. H20 also lists his boat instead of using the surf system. I tried that as well but didn't work for me as well and my wife can't drive the boat like that.(She complains, which ruins my good time. ;))

h20king    794
11 minutes ago, MFaso said:

I'm at 11.1. Never really experimented with a faster speed. Might make the wake cleaner but I was happy with my settings so once I was surfing consistently, I left it alone. H20 also lists his boat instead of using the surf system. I tried that as well but didn't work for me as well and my wife can't drive the boat like that.(She complains, which ruins my good time. ;))

That's because supreme changed the shaft angle in 17. I  don't have a preference if  I set up listed or level. I set up for what puts out the best wake. 

MFaso    56

gotcha. Here is a video I shot with my drone. I was DRIVING and flying the drone at the same time so excuse the bad footage.(It was tough to do) Only me driving, and my wife and kids in the boat.(My wife is probably 120 and my kids are both less than 50lbs) The wake was pretty clean. board he was riding is 6'1. Plenty of length on the wave.

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/look-at-this-amazing-piece-i-shot-with-my-mavic-pro-909eefe7-3425-43b7-bd0b-5e30f628c6ff

Edited by MFaso
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

h20king    794

Nice not saying the new 228 does not make a nice wake just saying I prefer the 16 wake. Our 238 went to it's new home yesterday  On a side note nice video but pull in those bumpers.  We call boats with bumpers out underway Barney boaters here on the left coast LOL 

• Haha 1

MFaso    56
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:46 PM, h20king said:

Nice not saying the new 228 does not make a nice wake just saying I prefer the 16 wake. Our 238 went to it's new home yesterday  On a side note nice video but pull in those bumpers.  We call boats with bumpers out underway Barney boaters here on the left coast LOL 

they are pulled in. I tie them up higher when we are underway. They hang much lower when we are in the slip. Pulling them in the boat on the seats is gross. Since the boat stays at the lake, they get grimy and you don't want that on your seats. Since you tow, yours probably stay really clean. Much different when they are in use for the whole season and literally protecting the boat 24/7. The boat and dock are constantly touching them as well as the water.

untying them and storing them while we are out is a pain and not needed.

MFaso    56
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:45 AM, Birddog said:

dude, take em off and stow em when under way.

Why put those dirty things in my boat when they can hang above the water? You guys who don't keep your boat in the slip all summer may not understand how gross they get sitting in the water protecting the boat.

They are tied up higher on the cleats. When we stop on the water to eat it makes things easier as well, as I can just lower them in quick when pulling up to the restaurants or the ice cream place.(we have multiple places to dock to eat on the water as well as an ice cream parlor.)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..