Dieselbreath

S238 tow vehicles

RhuntIII    555

2013 F250 

Just had a leveling kit, airbags and new shocks installed all round. 

IMG_3643.jpg

IMG_5866.JPG

I have towed mine a bit with my 08 yukon denali.  Not a comfy feeling.  Thinking about replacing the denali with a different daily driver.  I have diesel dually but it is a stick that my wife does not drive, and she is not comfortable with the boat so that leaves the ramp to me solo.  What other ideas are out there,  i was looking at a 2014, 2015 4x4 1500 silverado just not sure if there is enough truck there to feel good.  My 6.2 pulls it fine for back and forth to the ramp it just handles and rides a little shaky due to the axle spacing.

h20king    794

We tow with a Ram 3500. Air bags, super spring's and billistein shocks all the way around .post-777-0-07230900-1475241870_thumb.jpg

Cwazy1    89
1 hour ago, Birddog said:

that looks like the boat ramp at Magnuson park

nah, magnuson now has white lines as well as white bumps within each line. 

Edited by Cwazy1

h20king    794
23 minutes ago, Birddog said:

is that a 238?

Yep it's a 238 soon to be a Centurion fi23

Cwazy1    89
2 hours ago, Birddog said:

I hate getting in and out of magnuson on a weekend! serious Charlie Foxtrot.

Ha! I've luckily never experienced it. I'm glad to be wet slipped in lake union. Although I do live right across the street from the armory entry on 75th. 

I do love riding my electric skateboard down through magnuson to the boat launch to watch the crazyness. Always brings a smile to my face. 

Birddog    3

Lake Wa is not the best lake for water-sports generally. especially weekends. I usually put in at Newport yacht basin if im going to do that lake.

skymiker    5

2003 Expedition with 5.4L does pretty good, but we don't go far

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

Edited by skymiker

InfinitySurf    302

To answer your question OP. I trailer my boat every time I use it and have 2016 Chevy 4x4 1500 with the 5.3 (my average according to truck computer is 18.8mpg over the last 48k miles including towing). I think 2016 was first year of fuel injection for this motor?...The transmission is great in the Chevy trucks and can handle it. Pulls my 24ft boat like a champ and braking is no issue, partly cause I have tandem trailer with hydraulic brakes (probably would not feel as safe without those cause the trailer will stop the truck). I took a trip to the TN mountains this summer to Lake Norris and no issues with power there either, course I babied it. To be honest, a 1500 is not the BEST thing....a 2500/3500 would be better of course. I have owned several Duramax trucks in past, but for me now, the 1500 works great cause I have ZERO other use for a 2500+ truck and its my daily driver, so it works good for me since I have been pulling trailers all my life. I have never felt unsafe and the people out there that claim that you are an idiot for pulling with a 1500 don't know how to drive and should not do it (or have not driven a modern 1500). Of course you have to be more careful, give more space to stop and not run 75-80 down the highway. Its all how you use it.

skymiker    5

This is the new upgraded tow vehicle from the Expedition.  So much easier than towing!

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

A 1500 is a strong candidate for me.  I have a 3500 diesel, but don’t want to commute with it.

• Like 1

rrd525    40

I initially pulled our S238 with a 2013 1500 5.3L Silverado.
Locally to the lake 15km each way and around town was fine with the S238. Braking was fine and with the grade braking of the truck there was never a concern stopping.

We live with hills and mountains surrounding us, so it worked in the RPM band. Longer mountain trips you needed to hit a gas station along the way. If you got out of the power band on a steep section due to traffic, you spent the rest of the climb creeping.
It was light on the open highway and you could feel the wind gusts trying to push it with the 238.
The 3500 is just so much nicer to tow with, and like you, I use mine as a commuter, so was very concerned about giving up my 1500.

FB_IMG_1495414985076.jpg

InfinitySurf    302

I have owned Chevy and GMC trucks for the last 15yrs and have owned 7 or 8 from 1500 gassers to 2500 Duramax's and always averaged about 14.5...Adding Superchip (tow mode or economy mode), intake and exhaust would get me up to 18mph, but then lift kit and bigger tires would bring me back down to 14-15mpg average. This 2016 1500 with the fuel injection made a difference, gets better gas mileage and has better power (I left this one totally stock, first time I have done that). Recommend you check out a 2016+ for a daily driver since there is a noticable difference to me. I have never had any issues with any of my GM/Chevy trucks either, knock on wood... they hold their value pretty well too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..