Sign in to follow this  
h20king

Fi23 Review

Darkside    248

The key to using clamping racks is SNUG not gorilla tight.  With the padded sections of the rack inn contract with traction mat, the clamps do not need to be cranked down as tight as you can get them.   Simply snug and no worries.   

Again I don't cruise for miles on end,  so I can't say how it would work under those conditions. 

h20king    794
2 hours ago, Darkside said:

The key to using clamping racks is SNUG not gorilla tight.  With the padded sections of the rack inn contract with traction mat, the clamps do not need to be cranked down as tight as you can get them.   Simply snug and no worries.   

Again I don't cruise for miles on end,  so I can't say how it would work under those conditions. 

I would have been willing to give them a try but they will not fit a soulcraft with agenda traction. Sure the Samson racks have elastic straps but they will also hold any of my soulcraft boards while still in the bag.post-777-0-34037300-1470581740_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

gravity12    83

Look great. Do you plan on running extra weight? Lead or bags? Do you think you will still list? 

h20king    794

Probably run 400 lbs of extra lead and run evenly weighted .the fi has the opti v hull and was designed with the surf system In mind.  All new boats are surf system now. I don't have a preference if I list or run level. I set up for what puts out the best wake. 

h20king    794
59 minutes ago, RhuntIII said:

Looks real good. I guess I'll be seeing y'all in three years or so. lol.

Two years. I'll give you the homie hook up LOL 

• Like 1
  • Like 2

RhuntIII    555
7 hours ago, h20king said:

Two years. I'll give you the homie hook up LOL 

Not good enough.... I'm looking for the Bro Deal. lol.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Nick213    583
51 minutes ago, RhuntIII said:

Not good enough.... I'm looking for the Bro Deal. lol.

Haha well played sir  ? 

• Like 1

joelmjohnson    13

Hey Harold,

Are you planning to add the subwoofer to the stock location under the helm? Any idea if it would have to be a free air sub or is there room for an enclosure? 

h20king    794

Yep I have a wetsounds revo 12 I'm going to mount in the stock location. Specs call for a 1.7 cubic foot ported box which I'm sure I can make fit. Stock sub has a enclosure so building one should not be to much problem. 

Chexi    35

Harold, after you get your new fi23 and have a while to test it out, please let me know how it compares to an SV233 (assuming you have spent a decent amount of time on an SV233).  If not, then I guess you can't.   I really like my SV233, as it can put out a very good surf wave and a good wakeboard/foil wake with CATS.  However, I do find the wakeboard/foil wake a bit finicky.  Also, more storage is always better, but if the wake/wave is not markedly better and more consistent, I probably cannot justify the upgrade.  Thanks.

Scott

h20king    794

For sure it will be a bit but for sure will get you a review and some honest video 

Gerbalski    0

Swapping out my 2012 sv233 tomorrow for a Fi23, I will try to help you out with this comparison.