Sign in to follow this  
h20king

Fi23 Review

Mrwick    65
3 hours ago, h20king said:

For sure the fi is in no way a budget boat. Ours came to 129k MSRP with the options we picked so 114k is not a bad deal. We went with every option but board racks, stereo, underwater lights   and engine upgrade.  If you were to add those to our order  you  would be looking at 7k for the stereo, 5k for the engine upgrade  2k for board  racks and 1k for underwater lights  That would be 144k MSRP for the works. 

That’s just it, at 144k, your only a few thousand away from the boat show price on a well equipt Ri!    I will give it to Centurion, they’ve really stepped up their game with both exterior and interior styling and finish.  Interior is on par with MasterCraft and Nautique now!  

h20king    794
10 minutes ago, Mrwick said:

That’s just it, at 144k, your only a few thousand away from the boat show price on a well equipt Ri!    I will give it to Centurion, they’ve really stepped up their game with both exterior and interior styling and finish.  Interior is on par with MasterCraft and Nautique now!  

Yeah boat show price but design a ri and MSRP on it is crazy but we all know nobody pays MSRP

16 hours ago, Mrwick said:

I think you made a good choice for a new boat, H.  I had a chance to crawl around a new FI this weekend and I really liked it!  The one I looked at was 114k ......That’s getting into big-boy money but It’s probably worth it!

For sure the fi is in no way a budget boat. Ours came to 129k MSRP with the options we picked so 114k is not a bad deal. We went with every option but board racks, stereo  and engine upgrade.  If you were to add those to our order  you looking at 7k for the stereo, 5k for the engine and 2k for racks . That would be 143k MSRP

Mrwick    65
3 minutes ago, h20king said:

Yeah boat show price but design a ri and MSRP on it is crazy but we all know nobody pays MSRP

For sure the fi is in no way a budget boat. Ours came to 129k MSRP with the options we picked so 114k is not a bad deal. We went with every option but board racks, stereo  and engine upgrade.  If you were to add those to our order  you looking at 7k for the stereo, 5k for the engine and 2k for racks . That would be 143k MSRP

MSRP is for 2 kinds of people, 1) People with too much money. 2)  intellectually challenged   Lol!   Enjoy your new rig, H!  She’s a beauty!   ?

Jake707    171

Dam nice interior color scheme. Maybe its me but I like the look of the single large screen over the two smaller ones in the RI Id like to see the large single and a smaller screen off to the side like the Malibus but then again Im not the new boat demographic so they don't give a pooh what I think haha  Hope to see some good video reviews of it when the weather frees up

Troy    234
On 1/12/2018 at 11:11 AM, h20king said:

Let me see what I actually have when the boat arrives and I'll let ya know. As far as the pm thing I think it's because I'm not a supporting member. The sight and members have changed through the year's. I  only hang around  because of some of the guy's like you and Nick,Rhunt drNate ect. that go back through the year's. 

Sounds good. I'm in no rush and no budget (no cash available). LMAO. So I would have to beg, steal and borrow. Do you still have my cell or email? We can discuss that way if easier. Thanks again and beautiful boat.  

Bongo Fury    640

Really nice H!!  Congrats on the new ride!  

h20king    794
On 1/16/2018 at 6:07 AM, Bongo Fury said:

Really nice H!!  Congrats on the new ride!  

Thanks hoping it arrives at NWBS next week.  Can't wait to see it. 

• Like 1

h20king    794

Woohoo hoooo it's here. Going to NW Boat Sports tomorrow to unwrap it 

• Like 2
  • Like 1

Jake707    171

Nice. Love it when things like this come earlier than expected. So full write up, pics and demo on the water by Monday?

Nick213    583
7 hours ago, Jake707 said:

Nice. Love it when things like this come earlier than expected. So full write up, pics and demo on the water by Monday?

H doesn't do that until the initial mods are done, so don't hold your breath on that one  jake. 

Try and make plans on riding with chowder and I this summer though and I'm sure you'll have a new boat by the end of next summer :w00t:

nailem    29

H, you said you did not get the board rack option. Does that mean no clamping board racks or no board racks at all? 

h20king    794
17 hours ago, nailem said:

H, you said you did not get the board rack option. Does that mean no clamping board racks or no board racks at all? 

Just no clamping racks. Went with Samson swivel racks again. They hold my soulcraft boards while in the bag

• Like 2

RhuntIII    555
1 hour ago, h20king said:

Just no clamping racks. Went with Samson swivel racks again. They hold my soulcraft boards while in the bag

I'm not sure why anyone would want to use a clamping rack on a surfboard. Once again another wise choice @h20king.

Darkside    248
9 hours ago, RhuntIII said:

I'm not sure why anyone would want to use a clamping rack on a surfboard. Once again another wise choice @h20king.

I have been using clamping PTM racks with soulcraft boards for 3 years without issue.   The caveat,  I don't cruise at high speeds or for long distances.   A 3 mile cruise is long for us.   PTM racks don't harm boards if your careful. 

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555
1 hour ago, Darkside said:

I have been using clamping PTM racks with soulcraft boards for 3 years without issue.   The caveat,  I don't cruise at high speeds or for long distances.   A 3 mile cruise is long for us.   PTM racks don't harm boards if your careful. 

What's the surface area of the clamp on your board? Post up pics.

Nick213    583
3 hours ago, Darkside said:

They are good racks but after having Samson racks and Being on boats with PTM clamp racks money for the dollar I'd take the Samson racks. JM2C

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

Probably has pressure dings all over his boards or he makes sure to put the clamping arms on the grip deck. Wakeboards no problem, hand laid glass... good luck. There is only one way to carry a hand laid glass surfboard and that's on overhead racks. lol.

h20king    794
1 hour ago, RhuntIII said:

Probably has pressure dings all over his boards or he makes sure to put the clamping arms on the grip deck. Wakeboards no problem, hand laid glass... good luck. There is only one way to carry a hand laid glass surfboard and that's on overhead racks. lol.

Hey Bro you know where to find the pics. Feel free to share them if you want.

RhuntIII    555

I do like these racks with the rounded and rubberized ends. They are nonclamping, swivel and hold my boards (Phase5 and IS) very well. 

I need to clean them. 

A4EAECBF-DCB6-448A-BC98-05B3602B3C14.jpeg

C117215E-B842-41AA-AEC6-C085B3266C60.jpeg

Jake707    171
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:54 PM, Nick213 said:

H doesn't do that until the initial mods are done, so don't hold your breath on that one  jake. 

Try and make plans on riding with chowder and I this summer though and I'm sure you'll have a new boat by the end of next summer :w00t:

Haha  yea I figured he would wait until its dialed in with a ton or two of lead, the whole wetsounds catalog and a tsunami wave and then drop it haha

You see..... the way my bank account works......... haha  Na Ill def try and meet up with you guys this year just gotta wait on upgrading now since we just found out another little one is on the way. So hopefully this one is a boy and we can be done. I was saying "Oh boy Oh boy" when it happened so that should work right? haha