Uglyduck17

Need opinions on Boat

Uglyduck17    0

Hey guys, new to forum, had 95 centurion direct drive and sold it recently as there was just not enough room in boat with all our crap.  Wwe are a do everything family, ski, board, surf, and even regretfully tube. I am looking at a 2004 v220 sp with about 500 hrs on it.  Guy is asking 16900. My biggest concern it that it only has the smaller 5.7 in it producing 270 hp. For such a big boat would it have problems skiing or surfing with it. appreciate any thoughts you have!

RhuntIII    555

Is that the Mercruiser Mag 350 MPI?

Jake707    171

Don't get too caught up in the large motor hype of the newer boats. That 350, if running good, should have more than enough power for you even during heavily weighted surf sessions. If not you could always change the prop. People dame near sink Avalanches of that same time era and still surf with enough power and that's a pretty close comparison size/motor wise so I wouldn't let that sway your decision in the boat in any way. 

Unless youre trying to ski at 50mph with 8 people in the boat, if that's the case get a cigarette boat haha

Getssum    10

Just remember that the 270 hp engine is the old carb engine, and I'd want a 350 MAG at the very least. Gives you much more options.

Fuel injection is just so much better!

Jake707    171
12 minutes ago, Getssum said:

Just remember that the 270 hp engine is the old carb engine, and I'd want a 350 MAG at the very least. Gives you much more options.

Fuel injection is just so much better!

Good point. I wouldn't think the 2004 Supreme was still using a carb since my 2000 Elite is fuel injected. While I prefer a carb on my Harleys I would pick FI over a carb in a tow boat.

Uglyduck17    0

Thanks for the info guys.  do you know what Supreme would be comparable to the Avy?  Yes that was the add I was looking at. I see you have a 220, how do you like it?

Getssum    10

Check your messages. As far as avy completely different hull designs. Avy will be pretty bad for Skiing imho.