NorSask

Winter Blues..

NorSask    16

Well folks I'm starting to get a case of the winter blues up here in Northern Saskatchewan. Hunting season has wrapped up, and there is not enough snow to sled...so here I am dreaming about those EPIC lake days!! Went for a stroll out to the shop this morning to check up on the boat and make sure everything was going okay with its winter storage. Didn't help lol. Anyone else having lake withdrawals??????

boatinstorage.jpg

• Like 1

h20king    794

For sure our new boat sprays in a week. We have already bought the stereo system and other goodies for it. I'm stuck working 6 days a week right now so thinking about the boat  and surfing is what helps get me through. 

This is why I keep our boat in the lake and I was just out on her last night. Was it chilly? Yes. Was my beverage hot? Yes. Did I turn the heater on? Maybe... Would I do it all over again? HELL YEAH BABY.

MFaso    56
2 hours ago, HoneyBadger0829 said:

This is why I keep our boat in the lake and I was just out on her last night. Was it chilly? Yes. Was my beverage hot? Yes. Did I turn the heater on? Maybe... Would I do it all over again? HELL YEAH BABY.

Here in Jersey we can't keep it in. It's already hit 30 a few times and the lake will freeze soon. The marina's take their docks out for the winter too.

I think about wake surfing daily. YouTube can't even keep up with me because I've watched everything...lol I pulled my first 360 on the LAST surfing day I had before the boat got winterized. I thought it was awesome but now I just keep thinking about trying again to see if I still got it. I commute 2 hours EACH way to work on a bus and subway in NYC. I have a ton of footage from the summer that I watch over and over! My wife is so sick of hearing about it. I've contemplated going to texas to surf that Kelly slater wave park...(I think it's called inland)

I'm with you 1000000000% @NorSask!

Jake707    171

haha . While I do miss the summer days on the lake I still love this time because its Red Sticker season, and for all you non CA guys that means dirt bike season. Tearing up the trails trying to get my 4 year old daughter on our little 50 this year but cant find the training wheels for it.

• Like 1

Nick213    583

Been to busy to even do a maintenance on my bikes between setting up my shop and getting ready to poor concrete for my garage cover I'm behind.

Once I get my shop set up and my boat stored in it's permanent spot I can finally get some riding and snowboarding in.

Where do you ride Jake?

Jake707    171

Mainly Hollister even though its a solid 2 hour drive. Still pull day trips or try to camp there and ride as well.  Or if its a quick putt Ill go to Prairie City in Sac but that's more for the kids or Carnegie in Tracy. Been wanting to try Metcalf in San Jose so might do that next month.

Nick213    583

Nice hit me up next trip to hollister. It's a 20 minute drive for me.

hopefully I'll have my bikes maintenance done before the end of the year. 

Darkside    248

This is one of the benefits of living in the SW.  No end to the season.  With holidays and other family stuff it gets harder to get out.   But we still make it, when I start getting withdrawals...lol

NorSask    16

Well finally got a chance to head west and spend some time in Revelstoke sledding this week. Found some snow and had a blast! Worth the 12 hour drive every time ?

7947A73F-6D46-4C39-A7EE-172164820B85.jpeg

C090A813-933D-4D65-844C-AC011888D8FC.jpeg

30D1F471-C4D7-4149-8C66-648119AF0FE8.jpeg

E64CF7B7-BB52-4C6D-B97E-40648C37F92F.jpeg

Edited by NorSask