TwistC3    7

I need to re-carpet my trailer bunks, what is the best product out there, any new technologies?  What are the new trailer manufacturers doing?

thank you,

Hein    63

You might be prepared to replace the boards as well. We found some of ours were dry rotted. We used this carpet, some 3m 90 spray adhesive and stainless staples. 

TwistC3    7

Thanks Hein, so carpet is still the way to go?  What type of wood did you use, pressure treated?

thanks, 

josh

Hein    63

The carpet we used has held up well.

I am not aware of anything new or better.

We used pressure treated 2x4s.

chenige    84

I used black outdoor carpet from Home Depot. 

InfinitySurf    302

I don't know which is better...but reading some reviews on Amazon made it seem that carpet may be thinner than OEM. I just ordered some bunk carpet from Boatmate Trailers, since existing quality seems pretty decent on the trailer I have from them and they are $15 for 10ft long roll which seemed pretty reasonable (actually ordered 4 rolls today). I have been having to use a pretty steep ramp for last 2 months and it puts a lot more pressure on front bunks when cranking the boat in and I can see them wearing out a lot faster than the other back 4...so wanna have new carpet available if I need it.