Pildo    6

I bought a new 2016 fs44 this summer with the H6 engine and have a couple of questions.    For the annual maintenance do you do it yourself or take it to a dealership?   The manual states that states some of the work must be done by a dealership.    Has anyone called pcm  and asked if you could do the work and keep records on it?  The only reason I would take the boat in is to stay compliant on warranty. Thanks in advance.

CO Surfer    289

I did call PCM and asked that exact question.  They said routine maintenance does not need to be done at a dealership.  In fact, they mailed me a thermostat that went bad for me to replace myself.

As far as I know, it's only the initial 20-25 hour service that they require the dealer to do.  You can see my write-up on winterizing a H5 in the diy section.

Cwazy1    89
1 hour ago, CO Surfer said:

As far as I know, it's only the initial 20-25 hour service that they require the dealer to do. 

And this is because during that service, they check the alignment of the engine to vdrive, and if off, adjust engine mounts. 

^ I wouldn't even think about adjusting that myself if the alignment was off. 

But outside of that, I also do the routine stuff myself. PCM engines are easy to work on. They're very well designed and Fineline has done a great job making sure everything is easily accessible

Edited by Cwazy1
  • Like 1

Pildo    6

Thank you for the replies.   Is there a filter on the transmission or is it just simply removing the old and putting in new fluid?

Cwazy1    89
4 hours ago, Pildo said:

Thank you for the replies.   Is there a filter on the transmission or is it just simply removing the old and putting in new fluid?

iirc, vdrive fluids only need to be changed if it becomes contaminated. 

If you do change it, its just the fluid.