Nolance    18

So I pulled up my carpet recently, and I noticed in three different areas that I have some blistering going on.  Each area is about 2 x2 and consists of about 20-30 small blisters. 

We typically pull out the carpet every couple of weeks to clean and to clean the deck and have never noticed this before.  Just curious to see if anyone has every seen this before.  What was the solution and did you have a problem with Supreme covering this under warranty?

BTW, 2016 S226

Thanks

My buddies 17 RI237 had gel voids, get it too your dealer , factory should step up.

this thread needs pics

BigGbigD2    0

Sorry to be there bearer of bad news, but I just had the factory tell me in warranty on blisters on my 2016 226. I was told to reference the owners manual about blisters and dis coloration. I am waiting for the attorney to contact them for me, but doesn't look good. 

So funny after watching/reading the websites 5 year unconditional warrant just to be told no for warranty to fix issue. Dealership is a joke as well. Told me I dod not wax the boat properly. 

Well no boat should be left in the water for any length of time without bottom paint. What's a "length" of time, who knows. I don't float mine for longer than two weeks typically. The warning is on the very front page of the manual, and is a typical guideline with fiberglass. Luckily, they are mostly just cosmetic.

• Like 1

MFaso    56
9 hours ago, Race City Marine said:

Well no boat should be left in the water for any length of time without bottom paint. What's a "length" of time, who knows. I don't float mine for longer than two weeks typically. The warning is on the very front page of the manual, and is a typical guideline with fiberglass. Luckily, they are mostly just cosmetic.

Eh, salt water maybe but I don't think this should be an issue in fresh water. My boats have been in the lake all summer every year and I never once had an issue. My boat was in from April to October this year and I don't have any issues. I did the same with my previous boat for many year in a row, no issues.

BUT, maybe the temp of the water also has an effect on it. I'm just speculating. The water temp here never hits 80. It's low 70s most of the summer, maybe even high 60s if we don't have any heat waves.

chenige    84

Cracks me up. Most boats on s lake are put in in the spring and pulled out in the fall. There would be mass mayhem if this issue happened to everyone. 

11 hours ago, chenige said:

Cracks me up. Most boats on s lake are put in in the spring and pulled out in the fall. There would be mass mayhem if this issue happened to everyone. 

People that do that either paint the bottom or their boat looks so crappy when it comes out you could never tell if there were blisters. Not letting a Fiberglass boat sit in the water without paint is like boat ownership 101. I️ know very few out of hundreds of nice wakeboats around me that are floated on the water all year. 

nailem    29

I didn't think anyone in their right mind would put bottom paint on a wakeboard boat. 

I kept my boat in the water for years with no blisters. Pulled once a month and cleans with oxaclic acid.

luluzer    50

I float mine and got a small case of blisters this year. Floated my 226 last 2 years before that and it blistered also. I hear it's something to do with the alkaline or acidic level in the water? I just assumed i was paying some carmic debt.

I have spoken to several people (dealer -boardco, Malibu dealer, couple of gel coat guys and my cousin Larry who is an expert on everything): most recommend a treatment called anti-fowling for those that want to float. This treatmernt is supposed real the gel coat to stop the blistering, and is a one time treatment.

The paint treatment, as I was told, is prevention for algae stains/growth. Yes it looks like crap but saves the bottom from becoming its own biospace. Honestly I am probably too vain to paint even tho I know the effort it takes to keep the bottom clean, but plan to try out the anti-fowling treatment so she can float this year. Even if just comesmetic, I am too vain to have bumps also . . .

nailem    29

To my knowledge antifouling is bottom paint. It has a herbicide in it that prohibits algae growth. I grew up on Lake Erie and would paint antifouling paint on all my I/O boats. There are several different types. 

When I bought my inboard I tried antifouling wax but it did not work. Maybe there is a clear antifouling product? I have seen adds for a gelcoat treatment that is supposed to protect from fading. Maybe it is antifouling also?

Bottom paint/ antifouling paint on an inboard to me would be like naming an inboard.

Yea, always been my understanding that antfouling is bottom paint. Ugly if applied yourself. A good bottom paint job will cost thousands. 

Ceramic coating "wax" is supposed to be good stuff. Will it be a barrier against moisture, maybe. However based on what I've seen it will sure keep the hull of the boat much cleaner. 

InfinitySurf    302

I think bottom paint on wakeboat would severely depreciate the value. Personally I would not consider buying one.

Back when I owned I/O's....I had a SeaRay that was professionally done and after 3yrs (trailering, not leaving in water for any amount of time), it was starting to come off and would leave residue at waterline that I had to wipe off after every outing. Hated it.