Ddhockett

PNP Surf Ballast Valve 13' SV233

Ddhockett    0

I'm new to the forum so I hope this is the right section to ask this question! I just picked up a 2013 SV233 this past weekend and I am wanting to add fat sacs to each rear locker in the boat. Under the middle rear seat there is a diagram showing a valve to switch between starboard and port side bags labeled P-N-P Surf Ballast and below it looks like where the valve would mount but it is either missing or the boat didn't come with it new. Does anyone know who makes the valve and where I could get one? Or maybe a picture of what it looks like? Also I know I will have to add another pump for the new sacs but on the Touch Vision screen under Ballast it shows the option for PNP but it is not lit up like the Quick fill tanks or the Pro Ballast sacs, does it light up when a pump is hooked up to the harness in the engine compartment or does the dealer have to program it?  I know this is a lot of questions for my first post.

Thanks 

Dustin

Ddhockett    0

So after some more research I was able to find out that Banjo Corp makes the three way valve under the seat to switch from port to starboard bags. I ordered the Jabsco 18220-5127 Ballast pump with the connector but my question is when I plug the pump into the factory wiring will I then have the option to fill and drain using the touch screen? 

Troy    234

Sorry I can't help with your questions but Welcome to the Forum!

Nick213    583

Yes, go to the settings and put in the dealer code. My 13 SV244 it is 91 then you can access and turn on/off what ever you want. You'll also have to set the times on each bag.

Edited by Nick213
  • Like 1

LKASurfing    53

I would recommend adding an additional switch and pump vs that of using the the valve. You will be able to switch sides much faster that way. You could empty one while filling the other. With the valve, you must wait until the one side has drained then wait to fill the other, adds twice the time. Also the case if you plan on using a suck gate. Twice the time to fill & empty boat sides. 

They only used this valve for late 2012 boats & 2013. 

Ddhockett    0

Thanks for the advice LKASurfing, I haven't found the wiring harness for the bow PNP yet but I was considering using it to run a second pump for one of the rear lockers. 

Nick213    583

LKASurfring couldn't you put a electric diverter valve and switch in to still use the touch vision for both bags?

Nick213    583

Never mind, I get what your saying. Still could only fill and drain one bag at a time   :wallbash: 

LKASurfing    53
16 hours ago, Nick213 said:

Never mind, I get what your saying. Still could only fill and drain one bag at a time   :wallbash: 

16 hours ago, Nick213 said:

LKASurfring couldn't you put a electric diverter valve and switch in to still use the touch vision for both bags?

18 hours ago, Ddhockett said:

Thanks for the advice LKASurfing, I haven't found the wiring harness for the bow PNP yet but I was considering using it to run a second pump for one of the rear lockers. 

No problem! (The plug for the bow bag should  will be tied up in the rear of the boat somewhere) 

Just from having a 2012 with this installed and then having newer models with dedicated switches it is a no brainer. I went on my friends 2012 earlier this summer and when we switched sides I was reminded of of long this process  takes. I told him this winter I am drilling a new hole in his boat and adding another pump! LOL 

RhuntIII    555

Dd, I'm coming in a little late on this thread and hope you might be still active round here. Did you ever upgrade/install PNP and PRO bags in your boat? If so, what size bags did you use.

Or any of the sv233 owners, Does anyone know of the sizes of the PNP and Pro bags?