What is out there that can be recommended for a full over the tower cover.  The boat will be outside this winter and I want to protect it as much as possible.  Winterization is later this week so time to empty it out and cover it up.  I will have a heater/ dehumidifier in it along with a battery maintainer.

MFaso    56

If it's getting winterized and you aren't using it over the winter then you don't need a heater. My boats have always been shrink wrapped. My Supreme is already done and in my yard. The shrink wrap is right over the tower.

We have cold winters here with quite a bit of snow. My dealer hung an extension  cord out for me to charge it every once in awhile. They should also hang some of those dry bags inside the shrink wrap to absorb any moisture. I've never had mold inside of any of my boats.

They should make sure the pumps and hoses have no water, and winterize the heater if you have that as well. Basically, getting all the water out of everything is the goal.

Cwazy1    89
18 hours ago, Dieselbreath said:

What is out there that can be recommended for a full over the tower cover.  The boat will be outside this winter and I want to protect it as much as possible.  Winterization is later this week so time to empty it out and cover it up.  I will have a heater/ dehumidifier in it along with a battery maintainer.

If you can get your hands on a shipping cover, that would go over your tower in a folded down position. Otherwise you'd need to get a custom one made, or use tarps bungee corded down. 

Dealers usually throw away shipping covers so you could probably ask the dealer for one that was from a different boat. If you can't get one now, keep asking through the busy season. That way you'll have a good solution next year. 

• Like 1

Nick213    583
4 minutes ago, -HONCHO- said:

Ive been eyeballing the Sew Long double up custom cover that goes up and over the tower  https://www.sewlong.com/portfolio/double-storage-cover/                                                                                                   Ive been in contact with them recently and for my 2017 S238 it was around $1800 and 5-7 days lead-time 

I've had one of those covers (not the sewlong brand) and there great winter covers if stored out doors but they get really humid in hot weather and are different to take on and off all summer.

If your needing a new year around cover I'd stick with a traditional cover from sewlong.

I was think the over the tower for winter and the factory for summer and back and forth to the launch.

-HONCHO-    13
2 minutes ago, Dieselbreath said:

I was think the over the tower for winter and the factory for summer and back and forth to the launch.

my plan exactly

Nick213    583

In that case those covers are awesome for that. Like I said, I've had them and they are the best way to protect your interior if you can't store indoors.

Jake707    171

Or just build a Taj Mahal of canopy covers like Nick did over there hahaha

• Haha 1