Nolance    18

Unfortunately, I do not have a lift and I keep my boat at a slip during the summer.  What products are you guys using to remove scum lines that have also calcified?  If I use my fingernail, it comes off fairly easy.

Apologize, if this is a common question but I searched and couldn't find any info.

Thanks for the help  

Cwazy1    89

Its been asked, but I'll still respond. 

Starbrite hull cleaner. wear a respirator, put the stuff in a spray bottle, and mist it onto the hull for best coverage. mist one side (port or starboard) then go back to where you started (to give the solution a few mins to set in) and use a soft bristle brush with some water. It'll come right off. 

You'll likely have a few stubborn spots, but just repeat. 

http://amzn.to/2xy5wi3

Theres also a gel, but if you use the liquid stuff in a spray bottle, it works better and you use less of it. One bottle lasts me 2 seasons. Each season I clean twice, each time cleaning, I spray the boat twice to get full clean. 

• Like 1

MobEnzo    51

Agreed on the Starbrite. I usually dilute with water in bucket and apply with brush, but I just get discoloration from a weekend floating in the water on one of the lakes we stay at. It doesn't take much, and it works like a magic eraser! The spray bottle sounds like a good idea for a thick scum line.