Sign in to follow this  
SurferAdam

Adding Rev10's to tower with downfire

SurferAdam    168

Has anyone added a pair of wetsounds rev10's to their tower along with the downfire. I'll be picking up my 2018 Ri237 next week and I was curious if anyone had tried this?

SurferAdam    168

Has anyone added a pair of wetsounds rev10's to their tower along with the downfire. I'll be picking up my 2018 Ri237 next week and I was curious if anyone had tried this?

Wylie_Tunes    146

Adding? Sure, clamp them on, run some new speaker wire, mount and wire a new for them, done. Having them on the same zone as the 8" rear firing drivers, divides the signal to the amps. Thats a whole new topic. Now you've got two entirely different sounding speaker playing side by side, not ideal. Naturally, the larger rev-10 is going to dominate the 8". Can it be done, yeah, but one must ask, what are we trying to achieve. May be a better way. 

SurferAdam    168

I was planning on running them on their own amp with their own gain knob so I could turn down the downfire and crank the Rev10's when I'm at the party beach. I guess I should have been more specific, I was asking if anyone had done this so I could see where and how they fit.

wheels    151
6 minutes ago, SurferAdam said:

I was planning on running them on their own amp with their own gain knob so I could turn down the downfire and crank the Rev10's when I'm at the party beach. I guess I should have been more specific, I was asking if anyone had done this so I could see where and how they fit.

Why did you just not order with no downfire and do 4 rev 10’s I cant see where you would have enough space on the tower to fit the rev 10’s beside the Down fire without hitting them. Plus it’s gonna look weird. 

Edited by wheels

SurferAdam    168
2 minutes ago, wheels said:

Why did you just not order with no downfire and do 4 rev 10’s

I was originally going to do this and I may still pull the downfire off and do 4 rev 10's like I did on my FS33.  The reason I ordered the boat this way is because you have to get downfire to get the 8" in boat speakers with LED's and the 12" sub with the centurion cover. If you order the base stereo you get 6.5" boat speakers and it would be a pain trying to cut the interior for the 8" ones, plus it doesn't come wired for LED speaker lights.

Cwazy1    89

The issue is likely where on the tower do you have space to mount rev10s?

wheels    151
38 minutes ago, SurferAdam said:

I was originally going to do this and I may still pull the downfire off and do 4 rev 10's like I did on my FS33.  The reason I ordered the boat this way is because you have to get downfire to get the 8" in boat speakers with LED's and the 12" sub with the centurion cover. If you order the base stereo you get 6.5" boat speakers and it would be a pain trying to cut the interior for the 8" ones, plus it doesn't come wired for LED speaker lights.

Yeah, I ordered mine with no downfire but wanted the 8” cabins, centurion would not do it. I still got the 12” sub with grill and 6.5” cabins with led. Took out the 6.5” and replaced with 8”. All the led wires were there but yes cutting the holes was a pain. 

InfinitySurf    302

I totally agree tho, I would much prefer to have a couple REV-10's on tower instead of downfire, kindof surprised they offer no other options. What they do is cool (the whole "surround sound thing"), just too much for me and it clutters up the look IMO. I also like to mount my boards under the tower between 2 outside mounted REV's, not only does it protect the expensive boards from sun under the bimini that way but is also the best holder I have found for expensive boards.

Love to know what you decide to do and how it turns out looking since I would like to do something similar when my time comes.

DarksideR    1,679

Adam if you mount rev10's in the middle between the Downfires I'm gonna kick you in the shin every time I hit my head on them! Lol

• Like 1

Troy    234

If you remove the downfires, what kind of $ would you want for them?

Nick213    583

Adam remove the downfire and put the 2 pairs of rev10's like your FS. Then replace the Roswell 8's with revo8's! Just my opinion.....

Edited by Nick213
  • Like 1

Korgae    11
On 10/10/2017 at 9:11 AM, Nick213 said:

Adam remove the downfire and put the 2 pairs of rev10's like your FS. Then replace the Roswell 8's with revo8's! Just my opinion.....

Thats what I have, along with Wetsound amps and a REVO12 Sub. Sound quality aside, I like the look of the 4 Rev 10's on the tower compared to the downfires. 

Korgae    11
On 10/7/2017 at 0:26 PM, wheels said:

Yeah, I ordered mine with no downfire but wanted the 8” cabins, centurion would not do it. I still got the 12” sub with grill and 6.5” cabins with led. Took out the 6.5” and replaced with 8”. All the led wires were there but yes cutting the holes was a pain. 

Yup, same here. You still get the Centurion grill for the sub and the 6.5's were wired with LED lighting. I didn't find installing the 8's that difficult.  I used a rotozip and changed bits every speaker ( 6 bits) cuts like butter. You do have to make a new kick panel for under the helm as the 6.5 is different then 8. but that turned out to be a fun project :) A local stereo shop matched the vinyl perfectly and it looks great!  Well worth the extra effort in my opinion.

joelmjohnson    13

If you do pull the downfire speakers and what to sell them let me know.  My wife doesn't like loud music so the downfire might help my case 

Kalidgh    37

I would also buy your down fires.......have family in Langley.  Pick up next day.