jiriki

Bass fishing off a Centurion?

Bongo Fury    640

No hooks allowed on my boat....would not dream of it.

Bigcatpt    408

Fishing on my boat?  No problem!  I even have a fishfinder mount hidden for when I really want to get serious.  I have some old army canvas that I cut out to lay on the seats and floor and back engine compartments.  Trying to figure out how to mount a bow mount electric trolling motor that is completely removable.  

But my boat is an 03 so she is not new.  But I do take really good care of her.  In all seriousness you can't really do much to hurt these boats by fishing in them.  Be a little careful and clean up stuff and you are good to go.  There is not much in there that a pressure washer would not clean right up.  Now If i had a much newer surf boat I would probably not do this.  

Nick213    583

I fish off the platform when we stop for lunch. I've caught a bass or two on all my boats except the current one that I've had for a month now. Only thing a carry is a little ugly stick and a pack of 3 castmasters in the glove box.

It was funny I pulled into a cove one day in my DD with the music up, dropped an anchor and people jumping in the water. First cast I caught a 13" bass. There were 3 bass boats there and needless to say they weren't happy. One flipped me off leaving, the other took off like a bat out of hell and the other was checking out the girls and gave me a thumbs up lol. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Darkside    248

Absolutely...we never catch anything... so nothing to worry about.

jiriki    13

Definitely far left or far right answers on this one...

carguy79ta    67

not a fisherman..would be afraid of hooks catching vinyl or people then what do you do with the fish...release it I guess.  not putting it into the grizzly.  I took my boys out fishing a while back and succeeded in making sure they would not develop a love for that sport.  fished our farm ponds for 2 days and couldn't even get the fish to clean the hook.

jiriki    13

I generally catch and release.  Don't really trust the fish in these lakes.

I spend a lot of time anchored due to the company I am in so fishing seems to be a reasonable alternative.

• Like 1

Nick213    583

I never keep the fish either. Now when we take my dads boat out in the bay that's a different story.