djs758

Over tower Bimini for Proflight

djs758    1

Hi Everyone, 

Looking for an over the tower bimini top for a Proflight tower on my Avalanche

I really like the look of the Arial Eclipse but I spoke with them and it's the type that you leave the frame up and pull the canvas off.  I need something collapsible because I have to fold my tower down for storage. 

Anyone using the bimini from "tower biminis"  or have another recommendation?

Pictures would be awesome!

Thanks

djs758    1

Thanks Shaka!  That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for.    I'll be in Salt Lake in a few weeks and will go see them. 

Shaka    146

They aren't cheap but they are fantastic quality and are really great servicing their products. I've had to make some adjustments over the years to my bimini (to accommodate upgrades) and most of the time they just do the work and give it back at no charge. They also are great regarding my boat cover.

Getssum    10

Just our of curiosity, why would you want this sort of cover? One of the things I love about my older boat is that the bimini is lower, thus offering more shade throughout the day, and I can run Corson's surfboards racks on top of the tower, allowing me to have up to 6 boards out of the way and protected.

Shaka    146

Your bimini may be lower but mine is longer. Mine shades most of the area from the windshield back. I get four boards up on top with the optional board rack from Sewlong.

Getssum    10
On 10/6/2017 at 8:39 AM, Shaka said:

Your bimini may be lower but mine is longer. Mine shades most of the area from the windshield back. I get four boards up on top with the optional board rack from Sewlong.

That makes some sense - But on the board storage, I could probably easily get 6 boards on top of my Corson Racks, maybe more if I used longer bungees or started taking fins out! Starts looking ridiculous after a while though.

InfinitySurf    302

I have Corson Piper's Racks on my boat...since my bimini goes over the tower and my tower is tall, I mounted the racks under the tower and even with fins in, I do not hit my head on them (tho I am only 5' 10" tall). Nice tho cause bimini protects the boards from the sun as added bonus and very easy to access without standing on seats...my bimini is also pretty long at 8ft. Either way those racks are a great option....they are hands down the best rack on the market for custom boards IMO.