stoked    1,039

The problem I have with in front of the driver is visibility. My mirror takes up the entire space. 

So, how many times have you all caught a fin to the forehead, or is your crew all <5ft tall?? ;-)

20 minutes ago, DrNate said:

IMG_1086.JPG

• Like 1

DrNate    426

The Gladiator tower  is sooo tall on my 2011.  I'm 6'2" and it's never been an issue for me.  I have to stand on the back cushion and reach forward over the bimini top to reach the towpoint and I mean I can BARELY reach it.  My wife is 5'9" and she has no chance.

I noticed in RHunt's 2014 that the freeboard is a little less toward the back of the top cap, so reaching his towpoint is no problem.  And if he had the undersided Piper racks like mine, I would likely hit them with my head.  It's a couple inches for sure if not more of a difference

DrNate    426

Hey Nick, after talking with RHunt I think the issue is that your mirror (and his) are so much bigger than mine, you can't mount it above the driver's head.  So get a smaller one or leave it in the walkthrough or wherever you prefer it.  And send me two of the Rigid lights :)

Edited by DrNate
  • Like 1

stoked    1,039
1 hour ago, DrNate said:

The Gladiator tower  is sooo tall on my 2011.  I'm 6'2" and it's never been an issue for me.  I have to stand on the back cushion and reach forward over the bimini top to reach the towpoint and I mean I can BARELY reach it.  My wife is 5'9" and she has no chance.

I noticed in RHunt's 2014 that the freeboard is a little less toward the back of the top cap, so reaching his towpoint is no problem.  And if he had the undersided Piper racks like mine, I would likely hit them with my head.  It's a couple inches for sure if not more of a difference

I need that tower! 6'4" and I take a speaker to the head EVERY SINGLE TIME we're out

• Like 1

Nick213    583

Yeah Nate mines a lot bigger:harhar: Sorry brotha you set yourself up on that one lol.

stoked is your deck Bluetooth? I see you have the same remote in your dash and I need a Bluetooth deck. If is is can you get me the model number so I can order one?

i don't want to change the remotes on the boat so I'm stuck with what ever clarion Bluetooth deck that's compatible with the remotes.

• Like 1

Nick213    583
16 hours ago, MobEnzo said:

Nice, I might have to try that. I should've mentioned I pull very few goofy riders so hasn't been a huge issue.

We have enough goofy riders that the mirror placement needs to accommodate that side of the boat. Heck I even ride that side from time to time its good practice and gives me more water time!:Surfing:

MobEnzo    51
1 hour ago, Nick213 said:

We have enough goofy riders that the mirror placement needs to accommodate that side of the boat. Heck I even ride that side from time to time its good practice and gives me more water time!:Surfing:

This is the first year that I have pulled more goofy's.  Now you've got me thinking that I may have to give heelside a try some time.  I've been using the Swell suckgate to help switching sides quicker, but that's a different topic.

My mirror is also the same as Nate's.  I can get most of the goofy wave, but it doesn't quite turn enough.

This has been a good topic! I've seen the mirror placement like Nate - tried it, but didn't like it there.  I sit on the bolster and look over the windshield and not through it...  I was curious if the tower mounts are better if they give a gap.

InfinitySurf    302

I have the same 2 racks mounted below my tower (Aegis Tower) to hold custom width surfboards and even fin down, with my Doomswell Neo board I dont hit the fin. I am 5' 10", one of the best mods I have done for my boat.

I got 2 quick pics of how my mirror is mounted...one with mirror up, I have it on far left, into curve just enough to angle toward me but still clamp down securely. I have complete field of vision behind boat, sitting on bolster seat (or not)...I usually do tho since I feel more comfortable like that and think I am more aware looking over everything...plus my tint is pretty dark. I can see everything that goes on behind me except an extreme cut by wakeboarder or something like that. Not in anyone's way and when I fold mirror down, I just have to adjust mirror angle so it does not hit the tint on inside of windshield.

Webp.net-resizeimage (7).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (6).jpg

stoked    1,039
18 hours ago, Nick213 said:

Yeah Nate mines a lot bigger:harhar: Sorry brotha you set yourself up on that one lol.

stoked is your deck Bluetooth? I see you have the same remote in your dash and I need a Bluetooth deck. If is is can you get me the model number so I can order one?

i don't want to change the remotes on the boat so I'm stuck with what ever clarion Bluetooth deck that's compatible with the remotes.

It is bluetooth. CMS2: http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products-personal/marine/CMS2/index.html

• Like 1

ReSession    165

Reviving this thread as I'm in the market for a new mirror (I have the Aegis tower) and looking at the new Roswell mirror mount combo...curious if anyone has purchased one and your thoughts?

https://www.roswellmarine.com/product/mirror-mount-combo/

Edited by ReSession
wording

InfinitySurf    302

That looks like nice mirror, you can see in above pics, that I got the PTM Edge and really like it, mounting it on left corner like I did required spreading the clamp out almost to max but I can see everything behind me perfectly that way. I like it on left side, since I sit on bolster, I don't like it in front of me, gets in my way.

Don't know if you are looking at any tower mirror mounts, my buddy has one on his and it works well cause its held up higher, so not directly in my view. But have not seen anyone with the Roswell mirror..price looks a little better. Some States do require a certain degree view (like 140 degree's) if you are using mirror and not an observer, so may be something to check in. In my State we are allowed to use mirror as long as you can keep rider in full view and believe they spec 140 degrees as the requirement.

ReSession    165

Interesting - I used to have a Samson one mounted from my Illusion tower on my on my V226 but this tower is even further back so I didn't think there were any options for tower-mounted mirrors on the Aegis. I'd definitely be interested in checking it out! I've had this boat for 4 years and never needed a mirror (Vermont authorities could care less if there's anyone else in the boat with you while surfing...or let alone having hull numbers or current registration! :lol:) but now that I'm opening a wakesurf school this summer, I purchased a BBTalkin' 2-way waterproof communication system that work great for coaching (we used them at the Hi5 Wakesurf Campl in Costa Rica I went to last week!) since there will be times where I'm both the driver and instructor and a mirror is going to be key for this application. I sit on the bolster as well and don't like the idea of anything right off the top of the windshield so I'm open to suggestions! 

Nick213    583

I like the mirror I have and tried a few different locations. For me the ptm mirror works best On the starboard side window. I don't like always having the window closed to use it.

Sorry I don't think I have a pick of it up and being used. Hopefully I'm gonna take the boat out in the next couple weeks and I'll snap a picture for the thread.

IMG_0264.JPG

• Like 1
  • Like 1

stoked    1,039

I had the PTM and replaced the head with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C9V1RJG

I mounted it on the walkthrough windshield and have complete 180 degree view behind me and non-impeded view in front of me. Location is always going to be your preference, but I'd recommend a 180 degree one, then you don't have to fiddle with it when the surfers change sides. 

$300 seems way overpriced compared to what else you can get (the combo mount and mirror to the amazon link above is $140). 

Nick213    583

Got out today, here's the best pic I could get of the mirror being used.

IMG_0423.JPG

Nick213    583

Since boats come so we’ll equipped now days there’s almost no reason for mods anymore. So I’ll keep sharing what I do to my boat since I’m not gonna spend what factory’s want for these new boats. This summer I replaced the garbage factory board racks with Samson racks and had sewlong make covers for them and a swim platform cover. They turned out amazing! 

Im waiting on my heater to come in and will have that installed mid November. Also ordered a couple surfinity blankets and seat heater kit for the driver and observer seats. Once everything gets installed I’ll be riding and using my boat all year!

9F3BF751-09EC-4A15-93CF-3F4384B1F9EA.jpeg

B9D15F6B-144A-4911-9286-B3078E5E9FA3.jpeg

47F1A085-B7F0-46BA-B6D3-7A7961FDF1D4.jpeg

F9AA00D8-9811-425F-B5E8-90915936AE85.jpeg

05161C98-25D0-4E3B-A51E-E795F69CA343.jpeg

25A010C5-E45E-47AF-9579-D7B33B7E2909.jpeg

• Like 2

dreikorncr    7

How did you go about ordering your swim platform cover? Definitely something I'd like to get for our boat as well. 

Nick213    583

I use sewlong covers I liked the quality and fit of my boat cover they did and customer service is amazing. When I get my new board racks and contacted them they didn’t hesitate to make me covers. He gave me a few different options and I chose to send them a rack for a perfect tight fit. (They didn’t have a template for my racks) As he was working on them I asked for a swim deck cover and he already had the patern for it. Total turn around time from shipping my racks to getting everything back was only a week and a half!

Big shout-out to sewlong there awesome!

Edited by Nick213
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..