Sign in to follow this  
BoardCo

Crossover capability of the 2018 BoatsC

BoardCo    110

Hey guys,

Here is a video we put together showing wakeboarding, wakesurfing and water skiing behind the same boat in one take with no edits, cuts or anything else. If you want to see what the stock setup of the new 2018 boats looks like for all 3 sports this will give you a solid idea.

Hope you like it!

http://www.mmwatersports.com/boat-performance/surf-ski-wakeboard-one-boat-5-minutes/

• Like 2

DrNate    426

I like the versatility but I would have rather seen the regular side surf wave.  I don't ski or wakeboard anymore so not as appealing to me

carguy79ta    67

I wake skated behind my RI257...wake wasn't cleaned up since my wife doesn't know how to do that.  I was curious just to see if I could get up.

InfinitySurf    302

Very nice, thanks for posting that video and hoping to see the new FI this week that my dealer just got in...wasn't unwrapped when I went by there on Weds. Also demo an RI237 tomorrow for first time.

xj1514    13

Awesome video. What were the speeds for all 3 sports? Can you tell me if this boat will throw a clean beginner  wakeboard wake from around 17 to 19? 

My 238 is washed out on one side or the other with speed under 22.5. Just too fast for beginners. 

Darkside    248
2 hours ago, xj1514 said:

Awesome video. What were the speeds for all 3 sports? Can you tell me if this boat will throw a clean beginner  wakeboard wake from around 17 to 19? 

My 238 is washed out on one side or the other with speed under 22.5. Just too fast for beginners. 

If you have CATS you can create clean wake one side at a time at 17 MPH even in 257.  To change clean side as rider crosses is very fast just a couple seconds.  I was don't this at wake the world this weekend.

BoardCo    110

Ski Speed - 34 mph

Wakeboard Speed - 22.5 mph

Surf Speed - 11.0 mph

The Fi23 and Ri237 has a clean beginner wakeboard wake at 18mph w/ zero ballast (great shape too!). If you add more ballast you just need to speed up a bit to clean it up but with Ramfill full the wakeboard wake is clean at 20-21mph, maybe slower - I haven't played around with the speed when the boat is loaded up.

xj1514    13
6 hours ago, BoardCo said:

Ski Speed - 34 mph

Wakeboard Speed - 22.5 mph

Surf Speed - 11.0 mph

The Fi23 and Ri237 has a clean beginner wakeboard wake at 18mph w/ zero ballast (great shape too!). If you add more ballast you just need to speed up a bit to clean it up but with Ramfill full the wakeboard wake is clean at 20-21mph, maybe slower - I haven't played around with the speed when the boat is loaded up.

Great info! Thank you. 

Mrwick    65

Great vid.......that thing is screaming while they're pulling the skier!