prorider17

New Fi21 on Centurion's Boat Builder

prorider17    30

Did it get past me, or has everyone else already seen the Fi21 on centurion's website boat builder? Looks nice!

Troy    234

I don't see the Fi21. just the Fi23

wheels    151

If you go into design a boat from the home page then press on the models you can pick fi21

Cwazy1    89

I lied, its still an option in the colorizer. 

It does show it without cats. Makes me wonder if its still an option for the smaller boat. 

Edited by Cwazy1

Cwazy1    89
12 hours ago, NW Boat Sports said:

IIRC, CATS is not an option on the Fi21

I'd assume it has to do with the fact that cats is the most minor adjustment on the new hulls and with the short length of the 21, it makes even less of an impact to be worth the complexity of manufacturing it into the line as a potential option. 

Darkside    248

Cats is HUGE for wakeboarding!  Super easy to clean wake without moving people or adding weight.  

I agree with last knob to turn while surfing.

Cwazy1    89
3 hours ago, Darkside said:

Cats is HUGE for wakeboarding!  Super easy to clean wake without moving people or adding weight.  

I agree with last knob to turn while surfing.

I have no experience dialing in any boat for wakeboarding, but with the new '18 hulls, you shouldn't need to clean up any side of the wave with cats, the hull produces a clean wake on both sides from what I've seen on a '18 257. 

Darkside    248
5 hours ago, Cwazy1 said:

I have no experience dialing in any boat for wakeboarding, but with the new '18 hulls, you shouldn't need to clean up any side of the wave with cats, the hull produces a clean wake on both sides from what I've seen on a '18 257. 

Cats compensates for 4 people on one side and 1 person on the other.  

The hulls produce a good symmetrical wake if weight is ballanced.  Cats allows you to clean the wake when it is not ballanced, without adding or removing ballast, or having people move around.

NW Boat Sports    232

Had to rescue a boat the other day in the proto Fi 23, I had a few minutes to play around with the wake boarding wake. Achieved a clean wake boarding wake downriver going 18 MPH with no ballast, river is running +/- 1 MPH so safe to assume clean down to 17 MPH. At 22.3 MPH where I ride the wake looked amazing, with some ballast it would be out of this world!! Waterski wake didn't look bad at 32 MPH, too! I would have taken pictures but too much debris in the river.... :(

NW Boat Sports    232

Also, new Ri software update out. Dated 08-22-17. Here is what it fixed:

15MPH
Presets actually work /save
Center and Port ballast tank timers were switched... internal component was messed up.
  • Like 1

wheels    151
44 minutes ago, NW Boat Sports said:

Also, new Ri software update out. Dated 08-22-17. Here is what it fixed:

15MPH
Presets actually work /save
Center and Port ballast tank timers were switched... internal component was messed up.

What do you mean by center and port ballast timers were switched? And 15mph?

Edited by wheels

NW Boat Sports    232

I don't know about the 15 MPH. I can venture to guess that it has something to do with the plates retracting at 15 MPH?

Sounds like the Center and Port timers needed to be flip flopped..

Lak3surf3r    714

SOme of the Ri237s (like mine) had the port and center timers backwards. filled the opposite one that you touched.

CO Surfer    289

Can you explain that statement more?  Pretty sure I have a Ramfill inlet valve that is leaking into the boat.  Looks like a seal issue to me.  Is this a problem caused by filling at a speed greater than 15-20 mph?

NW Boat Sports    232
4 hours ago, CO Surfer said:

Can you explain that statement more?  Pretty sure I have a Ramfill inlet valve that is leaking into the boat.  Looks like a seal issue to me.  Is this a problem caused by filling at a speed greater than 15-20 mph?

The gate is more prone to catching the seals when opening and more likely closing at 20-25 MPH. The square seals do a great job of sealing but when you have that much water pressure running passed them at 25 MPH, the Valterra gate can catch the lip of the seal jamming it up...

Yours sounds like a seal issue. Just have your dealer replace the entire gate under warranty.

There are two kinds of seals. The rounded ones used on the old Drainmasters. They don't get caught by the gate but they leak. The square seals are what come from the factory. They don't leak a drop but they can be prone to getting caught by the gate over time or at higher speeds or a combo of both. 

Edited by NW Boat Sports
  • Like 1