Tmr1    3

Hey crew!

I have an 2007 SV230 with excellent heavy duty travel cover for trailering my boat, however my boat is on a buoy most of the time and it's difficult & timely to put on when the boat is in 8-10 feet of water (especially when I'm in a hurry when storms roll in!).  I'm resistant to do the button down cover as yes, it's easy, but I don't like the look of buttons all around the boat.

Anyone using a cover that is easy/fast to install on a buoy?  Or do I just suck it up and get the button down cover?....

InfinitySurf    302

When I trailer...I use the factory 3 posts and strap system, but if I am just throwing on the cover for a rainstorm, I installed a "hangtyte" system, which enables me to install myself from interior of boat in minutes and will still shed rain. I added it to my cover for times I need it on fast and don't want to deal with the poles, $49. Bought mine on iboats...but lots of places sell them. 

Tmr1    3

I have a hangtyte on my cover already but unless I tighten the cover down wind blows the cover all over the place (particularly the bow). It's the tightening down the cover to keep it snug around the bow and tower (I have the Evolution tower) that takes forever.  Do you just hang it and not tighten it really?

stoked    1,039
53 minutes ago, Tmr1 said:

I have a hangtyte on my cover already but unless I tighten the cover down wind blows the cover all over the place (particularly the bow). It's the tightening down the cover to keep it snug around the bow and tower (I have the Evolution tower) that takes forever.  Do you just hang it and not tighten it really?

The newer covers have a built in strap going around them that ratchets in the back and pull the cover down to tighten it. Those are pretty much your options, a cover with a ratchet or a cover that snaps. 

Transporter    1

Not sure why my centurion cover with ratchet want few inches bigger all around it would stay on way better.