Cwazy1

Livorsi throttles now on '18 with 409 engine!

Cwazy1    89

Just saw a picture of a '18 238 with a 409 upgrade and it had a livorsi throttle!!! 

Huge upgrade IMO. If the engine upgrade is still 750$ and the standard 343 engine does not come with the livorsi, then it becomes a complete no brainer. Even for people at sea level. 

Cdifranco    463

What's benefit of that type of throttle.. Educate those of us who don't know please 

CO Surfer    289

They look really cool....

Cwazy1    89
7 hours ago, Cdifranco said:

What's benefit of that type of throttle.. Educate those of us who don't know please 

Livorsi throttles are becoming the standard in high end throttle controllers. It is a pure electronic throttle- input side as well as engine control side. What this means is complete precision as well as instantaneous throttle feel. There is no more 'play' in the throttle cable. Our current supreme throttles are electronically controlled on the engine side, but are analog between the knob and the controller. 

The best analogy I can come up with is comparing the steering feel of a electronically assisted steering car, versus a car without power steering. Its a night and day difference. In the world of cars this might be something that varies in opinion from person to person depending on their preference, but for throttle control, its something that nearly everyone who has tried a livorsi will say, is better than the traditional throttle. 

Supreme is nearly the last tow specific boat which still runs these cheapo throttles. Axis moved to livorsi for '17, and Moomba has been running livorsi since '16 iirc. 

Edited by Cwazy1

InfinitySurf    302

Love the Livorsi throttle on my boat, very responsive and has crisp feel when making adjustments

Cwazy1    89
21 minutes ago, InfinitySurf said:

Love the Livorsi throttle on my boat, very responsive and has crisp feel when making adjustments

gotta love that click when back to neutral. 

MFaso    56

I don't have any play in my throttle at all. A small tap with 1 finger will increase the speed. Mine also clicks back into neutral. I'm not sure on the difference still. I always show people how this boat has so much response with the throttle so I'm confused on the difference.

• Like 1

Cwazy1    89

sigh, throttle noobs :p 

Its okay though, just forget I said anything. Probably best to not think about whats better out there or you might go spending extra money trying to get it. 

MFaso    56
4 hours ago, Cwazy1 said:

sigh, throttle noobs :p 

Its okay though, just forget I said anything. Probably best to not think about whats better out there or you might go spending extra money trying to get it. 

I wouldn't. I love the throttle on this boat. It's better than my last 2 boats by a landslide. There's no reason to upgrade it at all. lol

qxbuzz    7

My previous boat had a Livorsi and there is no comparison.  Anyone who hasn't had a boat with one doesn't know what they are missing.  I can't stand the throttle on my Supreme vs the Livorsi, but what do you do?  You can buy a boat every year I guess to keep up with the current updates, but not everyone can do that.

I had that livorsi on my 2016 S238 (h5 engine) and now have a standard one on my 2017, which I now hate, hate, hate. However part of that is because the current throttle will accelerate to full speed if I don't hold it back. Though still it's like I stepped back from a cell to rotary dial phone. 

DjOM21    59

So can we retrofit the 2017 6.0 with the Livorsi? This boat already drives pretty great, but I may pony up the cost if it's reasonable and improves the overall experience of driving. 

MFaso    56

What is the cost and is it just plug and play?