madmike    24

I was idleing in to my boat slip on the lake today and my check engine light went on and started beeping. The engine code is

spn 442

fmi 15

plug id b

anyone know what this code is or have a chart I can look it up? Motor is the pcm 343 in 2014 fx22

thanks!

madmike    24

Was able to find the fault codes for the engine, looks like it is 

emwt2 higher than expected

trying to understand what that means?

madmike    24

Didn't see it at the time shut it down within seconds of seeing the fault. I'll take a look at the intake grate and see if anything is blocking it tomorrow.  Other than that raw water impeller might be bad?

thanks!

NW Boat Sports    232

Could be, usually a sign at idle, not pumping enough and the motor gets hot. How many hours? Watch the temp and let me know. 

madmike    24

180 hours replaced raw water impeller season before last, looked good this year so I reused it

InfinitySurf    302

That means this is its 3rd season? My guess is that is the problem, probably not quite as flexible as it needs to be to keep a good seal and move water

madmike    24

No ran last summer on it and when I pulled it for winterization it still looked really good so I used again this summer. I'd say it has 75 hours on it or so.

madmike    24

Took the boat out for a sunset cruise to test it out, temp stayed ok at about 160-165 with no codes, must have sucked some debris over the intake...

NW Boat Sports    232

Yes, or IIRC there is a situation like yours where the ECM reads a false positive. Basically everything is fine but something triggers a code....I'd have to have your engine serial # and your ECM software checksum and get on the horn with PCM, might be as simple as updating your ECM. We did this to a Malibu ski boat with PCM awhile back and there was a guy on here from the East Coast with a Centurion who had the same problem. 

• Like 1

madmike    24

Ok thanks, I'll keep an eye on it for the rest of the season and let you know if it happens again.

thanks again for being on the forum and answering questions during the holiday weekend!!!

• Like 2