MFaso

Custom boards

stoked    1,039

^^ I have a brand new set of these I'll sell you! ^^ 

I ordered them for my wife's SC a couple of years ago and she didn't like them because they didn't match her color scheme... :huh:

• Confused 1

Cwazy1    89
6 hours ago, stoked said:

^^ I have a brand new set of these I'll sell you! ^^ 

I ordered them for my wife's SC a couple of years ago and she didn't like them because they didn't match her color scheme... :huh:

o.0

CO Surfer    289

I have officially joined the Soulcraft family.  This is the SOS Pro Model.

It's kind of cool to see your name written on the bottom of the board by Jeff.  Great guy to deal with and even oriented the logo per my request set up for a goofy rider.  Can't wait to hit the lake this weekend!

IMG_0408.JPG

• Like 2
  • Like 1

MFaso    56

How did it go CO surfer? What you were riding before?

CO Surfer    289

Night and day.  I was riding an entry level Inland Surfer Taco which I thought was a fairly decent board.  The Soulcraft SOS is nothing like the IS Taco.  My initial thought of the Soulcraft was that it was "squirrelly".  The first two runs I was wondering if I had made a mistake buying the Soulcraft.  Well, that thought didn't last long.  It is just WAY more responsive than the IS and significantly lighter and has more flotation.  It takes a lot less effort to manipulate the board.  This is a bit of an oversimplification but it's almost like you just have to think about where to go and it will.

Having said that, this is not the board you want to put a first timer on.  It's not stable enough to learn on.  I'm only in my second season so my opinion is to get through one season with a more basic board and then upgrade.

One comment I've read on here is that the Soulcraft boards are "faster".  I think better wording is "more responsive".  In other words, you're not on your back foot the whole time keeping from running into the swim platform.  It's kind of completely different.  You just use more subtle inputs to brake or go forward.  I'm a convert!  I love this board.

• Like 2

DarksideR    1,679

Well put CO. 

A custom high end board isn't the right choice for everyone. But once you have a solid wakesurf ability under your belt, it's just that much better to progress on. 

• Like 1

MFaso    56
12 hours ago, CO Surfer said:

Night and day.  I was riding an entry level Inland Surfer Taco which I thought was a fairly decent board.  The Soulcraft SOS is nothing like the IS Taco.  My initial thought of the Soulcraft was that it was "squirrelly".  The first two runs I was wondering if I had made a mistake buying the Soulcraft.  Well, that thought didn't last long.  It is just WAY more responsive than the IS and significantly lighter and has more flotation.  It takes a lot less effort to manipulate the board.  This is a bit of an oversimplification but it's almost like you just have to think about where to go and it will.

Having said that, this is not the board you want to put a first timer on.  It's not stable enough to learn on.  I'm only in my second season so my opinion is to get through one season with a more basic board and then upgrade.

One comment I've read on here is that the Soulcraft boards are "faster".  I think better wording is "more responsive".  In other words, you're not on your back foot the whole time keeping from running into the swim platform.  It's kind of completely different.  You just use more subtle inputs to brake or go forward.  I'm a convert!  I love this board.

Nice! I'm on season 1 with my doomswell NEO. It's not a beginner board(As far as I know) and I do love it but I'm going to wait for next season to move up and try a SC. I'm having a ton of fun on the doom and actually love riding the 6'1 board too! I'm going to pick up a doomswell el jefe over the winter because I need a true wakesurfing long board. The 6'1 is a little too long and it's not a long board so I wipe out trying to ride the nose. ;)

I can't seem to get air on the neo though. That's been bothering me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I don't think it's the board but I'm missing something...

Cdifranco    463
2 hours ago, MFaso said:

Nice! I'm on season 1 with my doomswell NEO. It's not a beginner board(As far as I know) and I do love it but I'm going to wait for next season to move up and try a SC. I'm having a ton of fun on the doom and actually love riding the 6'1 board too! I'm going to pick up a doomswell el jefe over the winter because I need a true wakesurfing long board. The 6'1 is a little too long and it's not a long board so I wipe out trying to ride the nose. ;)

I can't seem to get air on the neo though. That's been bothering me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I don't think it's the board but I'm missing something...

Can you Ollie a skateboard? 

MFaso    56
7 minutes ago, Cdifranco said:

Can you Ollie a skateboard? 

yes. I can kick flip it but not land as well. Used to pull 180s but I haven't tried that in awhile because I think I'm pretty sure it's going to hurt a little more if I fall now rather than 20 years ago...haha

I've tried to Ollie off the lip but the tail never comes off the wave.

Cdifranco    463
8 minutes ago, MFaso said:

yes. I can kick flip it but not land as well. Used to pull 180s but I haven't tried that in awhile because I think I'm pretty sure it's going to hurt a little more if I fall now rather than 20 years ago...haha

Keep working it.. my issue was getting my back leg up, did box jumps for a few weeks to muscle train both legs to equally come up high and that squared me away

Fivebar2    176
On 9/6/2017 at 11:20 AM, MFaso said:

Try to do a grab, it helps force the back leg up and gives you a fee for it. Just my $.02

MFaso    56

Makes sense. I'm going out tomorrow night so I'll give it a try! Thank you!

NW Boat Sports    232

The Taco is like riding a wood door compared to a Soulcraft! The Taco is slow....Welcome to the SC family! The SweetSpot is fast like a SC.

Edited by NW Boat Sports

CO Surfer    289
23 hours ago, NW Boat Sports said:

The Taco is like riding a wood door compared to a Soulcraft! The Taco is slow....Welcome to the SC family! The SweetSpot is fast like a SC.

You're not kidding on that one!  Way different boards.