Sign in to follow this  
gravity12

Byerly speedster

gravity12    83

I know most have custom boards but has any rode the speedster.  All i have is a cwb ride and think i could progress with a better board.  Might try sanding the bottom of the cwb to see if i can gain some speed but need to get a new board soon. 

Cwazy1    91

Please don't sand the bottom of your cwb. You ruin all resale value and will gain absolutely nothing. 

Get the better board and keep the cwb for your beginner riders. 

InfinitySurf    274

Yea, I have a CWB...decent boat board but certainly not a speed demon and never will be no matter what you do to it.

I have ridden a Byerly Hazard and really liked it, fast and agile board (dont think they make them anymore)....not ridden the speedster tho if name means anything, it will be fast, lol. My Doomswell Neo is light years better than CWB and I really like that board...the Nubstep is also awesome and IMO, a little more agile than the Neo. I recently got to ride a Soulcraft which made the Neo feel like a beginner board too, so at least in my experience the better board is gonna give you better results and allow you to progress faster tho if you are total beginner only time will help that. My advice...get the best board you can afford cause it makes a big difference. As soon as I got the Neo (there is still a learning curve on any new board), but within a few rides I started progressing way faster than I could have if I had stuck to my CWB and LF skim board.

CO Surfer    289

The Soulcraft's are not that much more.  They're not the price of an Inland Surfer Tako but they're also not totally outrageous either.

You can find prices on Boardco's site if you're interested.

WakeDoc    488

Go custom, you can keep the cost down by not adding extras like artwork etc.

Mrwick    65

I have a Byerly Volt and Buzz...... good boards for the money.....I thought..... that being said, I picked up a Doomswell Nubstep this summer for $475 to my doorstep...... way better board!  Fast, light, and agile compared to the Byerly's.  I would guess that a Soulcraft Secret Weapon would really blow me away!  $900 is a lot of cash to throw at a board though......I can't keep raiding the kid's college fund......lol!