carguy79ta

Who is watching the ECLISPE ??

carguy79ta    67

I took off today the path is 5 miles from my home.  so we will see 2m 39s of blackout.  sunny weather so GREAT !!

Troy    234

Us too. We are at my parents house which is also suppose to have 2:39 of complete darkness. 

DrNate    426

I went outside at exactly 1:14 PM and there was one small little cloud blocking the Sun so I couldn't see it

Bigcatpt    408

We had 92% here in Salt Lake City.  Pretty cool!  

mrrpfc4    38

We drove 2 1/2 hours to Plasterville Idaho where they had 100% totality for 1 minute 30 seconds,  looking up at the sun at totality  without the glasses and seeing the Corona was probably the most amazing sight I've ever seen.  

Nick213    583

It was cloudy all morning so couldn't see anything. It looked like it was 5:45am for a few minutes though.

RhuntIII    555

Did a pin hole viewer in a cardboard box and it worked perfectly. I saw a tiny fingernail sun and it looked liked there was a slight window tinting on everything and it cooled down slightly. 

InfinitySurf    302

I was located in good path as well, very cool and my wife was good enough to have the special glasses. Actually tried taking picture of it thru the glasses at blackout, but just showed an orange ball, camera just could not capture it right

lakerat    70

99.7 totality from my backyard.  Pretty interesting.

carguy79ta    67

yep we were 5 miles from the centerline of the path...  my backyard..was awesome.  I was an astronomy nut when I was a kid.  had a cheap telescope.  I never back then thought I would see this.