lucas    0

Well when I bought the boat I had no idea it was custom ordered with a right hand drive. My goofy wave looks great. So far all my attempts at weighting have yet to clean up the wake. Anyone else have experience with a right hand drive. I surf regular and so does the rest of my friends and family. 

stoked    1,039
37 minutes ago, lucas said:

Well when I bought the boat I had no idea it was custom ordered with a right hand drive. My goofy wave looks great. So far all my attempts at weighting have yet to clean up the wake. Anyone else have experience with a right hand drive. I surf regular and so does the rest of my friends and family. 

I bet you'd find someone on here that would love to swap v-drives!

Otherwise you're looking at an asymmetrical plate that has a wing out to the starboard side

Troy    234

Location??? I surf goofy. 2008 Avy. 

Easiest way is build an a-plate opposite of the one I built. I have a thread on here somewhere. 

centuridude    9

I also have the 2009 Avy C4 with a right-hand prop.  Do you still have the factory hard tanks underneath the side seats? If so, pull those out and replace them with the 1100 lb Fly High soft sack from wakemakers in the rear locker(s).  You will then only fill the sack on the side that you are surfing - leave the other side empty.

I experimented with the center hard tank and found it best to not fill it.

I also have a Switchblade which I usually set to "3".

I also have the heaviest person sit back in the corner on the surf side and others will sit next to him on the side and back seats.  The trick is to sink the surf side as much as possible.  Some people sink it all way to the rub rail. However, I usually don't have enough weight in my boat to sink it that far.

All of these have given me a very respectable wave on both the goofy and regular side.

I would like to build an A-plate and experiment with that.  But I haven't found the time to get one made up yet...

daz28iroc    73

Get a mission delta suction cup wake shaper.

1100 lb bag in each locker.

300lbs in bow bag.

Fill hard tank.

700+ in oberver seat.

As many people as u can get.

Speed around 11.8.

Boat sits level in water and gives a good wave