HoneyBadger0829

Fresh Air Exhaust online ordering

InfinitySurf    214
19 minutes ago, HoneyBadger0829 said:

I finally installed the FAE. The motor noise is much lower and overall works great.

20180520_142550-1328x747-996x560.jpg

Looks great, you will love it. My favorite mod on my boat, so many benefits IMO

Follow up after some time on the new FAE. It works great and is much quieter however, my Hull shot and up to plane is drastically slower. Am I outa luck or is anyone aware of a fix? I have the scorpion 5.7 motor.

rhino89523    25

The hot rod saying has always been more flow more go....so when you restrict the flow I think you might be stuck with the results of the motors current power output on the new slightly restricted flow. I thought I had read that the FAE was supposed to scavenge better because of the Venturi effect and that actually helped draw exhaust out of the cylinder, but real world results are real world results. You could probably relive some exhaust restriction by straight piping it if you have a muffler and I believe FAE makes a kit to do that as well. Or you could deal with it's ability to get on plane by re propping the boat...but you will probably lose some top end speed. That's my $.02

InfinitySurf    214

I have never heard of the FAE reducing power or holeshot...only losing a little on top end due to the extra drag. I am wondering if the prop you have is not for low end and the slight extra drag accentuated that. If you surf mostly, you would benefit from a torque prop anyway and it should also lower rpm's, tho it will reduce top speed...most of us do not care about that tho unless you ski or barefoot. I suggest re-prop tho and talking to Larry at FAE, he is always willing to help make his products better

Thanks, I will start researching props and get it swapped out. I was expecting a slight change in performance but this is a little too much. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Ryan Materi    0

Just wondering if you ended up going with a different prop?   I also have been dealing with fae to get exhaust for my 2016 s211,  but they are busy and haven’t got one just yet.