NorSask    16

Well my wife and I just got done 5.5 weeks holidays at the lake. We put 56 ours on our '17 S238 and we couldn't be happier with this boat. From the surf performance, to the fit and finish we are happy with everything. This thing has not missed a beat!

I have spent minimal time messing with quicksurf and have been running it listed. We upgraded the rear PNP sacks to 1100's and bought 400 pounds of lead. Our set up is as follows: Port side PNP 100%, port side quickfill 100%, starboard PNP 30%, center trim tab 100%, 400 lbs. lead under port side observers seat stacked as far back as possible. Speed is 11.2 and go! Our crew ranges anywhere from 2-10 people, it obviously gets better the more ppl we have but its still a great wave with tons of push with just me and my wife on the boat.  We have been using these settings all summer and riders of all levels have been more then happy with it.

Anyways I just thought I would share our settings and let anyone that is thinking about buying an S238 that we are extremely happy!

Edited by NorSask
  • Like 1

MFaso    56

Awesome to hear. I feel the same! I wasn't able to drop the rope for a bit and was blaming the boat. I see it was definitely me as I can mess the settings up now and shrill surf without the rope. My wife and I are very happy with the boat and anyone who comes out is blown away with everything. :)

IMG_20170720_191057.jpg

xj1514    13
13 hours ago, NorSask said:

Well my wife and I just got done 5.5 weeks holidays at the lake. We put 56 ours on our '17 S238 and we couldn't be happier with this boat. From the surf performance, to the fit and finish we are happy with everything. This thing has not missed a beat!

I have spent minimal time messing with quicksurf and have been running it listed. We upgraded the rear PNP sacks to 1100's and bought 400 pounds of lead. Our set up is as follows: Port side PNP 100%, port side quickfill 100%, starboard PNP 30%, center trim tab 100%, 400 lbs. lead under port side observers seat stacked as far back as possible. Speed is 11.2 and go! Our crew ranges anywhere from 2-10 people, it obviously gets better the more ppl we have but its still a great wave with tons of push with just me and my wife on the boat.  We have been using these settings all summer and riders of all levels have been more then happy with it.

Anyways I just thought I would share our settings and let anyone that is thinking about buying an S238 that we are extremely happy!

Lets see pictures of the wave from a few angles. Sounds like a small pocket, steep wave?

NorSask    16
10 hours ago, xj1514 said:

Lets see pictures of the wave from a few angles. Sounds like a small pocket, steep wave?

Don't have many pictures that justify it. But it was actually the opposite. Longer wave with a large pocket. This picture is with two ppl on the boat. My suggestion would be to just give these setting a try and see for yourself. We are intermediate surfers but also surf with more advance riders and everyone enjoyed this wave. 

IMG_2053.JPG

NorSask    16

I wish I would have taken some pictures of the wave without anyone riding it. Most of the media I have is in video format so I'm trying to take screen shots and the quality and angle is not justifying the wave at all lol. First thing im doing when I get home is taking a bunch of shots of the wave from different angles with no one riding it so that I have them on hand.

Edited by NorSask

xj1514    13

Strange how all these boats perform differently. Glad you like it. 

DjOM21    59

I have to agree it is a great boat. I have 5O hours on mine and still kinda fiddling finding what works best. Lately I have been running quick surf  and it works well actually and is nice for switching sides since wifey is regular and I am darkside

I have sumo 1000s 200 of lead under each rear sack and 200 under each midship stacked flat on floor.  Everything full except bow bag. Surf side quick surf @ 100% and Stinger @ 0-15%. Good wave with just a driver and killer wave with 2-4 people on the surf side. Super clean on both sides when it calm, but chop /  wind can really funk things up. I was a bit surprised that QS actually works so well. I did find that when running quick surf minimize the use of the stinger tab as it kills the wave and the push. 

Armyengr77    0

I just bought a s211. Had it out for 5 days and love it. It doesn't have quick surf but the dealer said it was a waste. Filled both quick fill ballasts and surf side bag 100%. 10.4-10.8 mph depending on how many people in the boat. Threw a killer wave with just me surfing and my wife driving. I was able to go ropeless forma short time but am blaming my size and board choice as other riders were able to surf rootless for  along time. Surfing a ronix mellow and weigh 260lbs 

xj1514    13
9 hours ago, DjOM21 said:

I have to agree it is a great boat. I have 5O hours on mine and still kinda fiddling finding what works best. Lately I have been running quick surf  and it works well actually and is nice for switching sides since wifey is regular and I am darkside

I have sumo 1000s 200 of lead under each rear sack and 200 under each midship stacked flat on floor.  Everything full except bow bag. Surf side quick surf @ 100% and Stinger @ 0-15%. Good wave with just a driver and killer wave with 2-4 people on the surf side. Super clean on both sides when it calm, but chop /  wind can really funk things up. I was a bit surprised that QS actually works so well. I did find that when running quick surf minimize the use of the stinger tab as it kills the wave and the push. 

More stinger in my experience runs the wave longer, less is short pocket and very rampy. I use both, very dependent on the board for me of which style wave I ride. 

Have you tried filling the bow pnp as well?

gwiz    23

I have 110 hours on our 2016 and have messed with it quite a bit. My fiancée doesn't love an extremely listed boat but we do off set it some. We have I believe around 1080 in the rear bags each side. And we fill everything up front to backWe also add a 750 to the port side seat and lay an extra 350 on the back seat.. We don't mess with the stinger much. Maybe up to 20 percent. I personally don't. Also we go anywhere from 12.8-13.4. The wave has loads of push even back to the wash. 

xj1514    13
6 hours ago, gwiz said:

I have 110 hours on our 2016 and have messed with it quite a bit. My fiancée doesn't love an extremely listed boat but we do off set it some. We have I believe around 1080 in the rear bags each side. And we fill everything up front to backWe also add a 750 to the port side seat and lay an extra 350 on the back seat.. We don't mess with the stinger much. Maybe up to 20 percent. I personally don't. Also we go anywhere from 12.8-13.4. The wave has loads of push even back to the wash. 

Iam thinking the cruise control on these boats must vary widely boat to boat. Over 12 ish and ours gets pretty flat and long. I know switching directions on the lake will change speed up or down 2mph. 

gwiz    23
3 hours ago, xj1514 said:

Iam thinking the cruise control on these boats must vary widely boat to boat. Over 12 ish and ours gets pretty flat and long. I know switching directions on the lake will change speed up or down 2mph. 

We run a crazy amount of difference in ballast. I'm running over 5500 pounds all the time. I live on a small lake and go multiple directions and have I ride on different lakes. 

DjOM21    59
14 hours ago, xj1514 said:

More stinger in my experience runs the wave longer, less is short pocket and very rampy. I use both, very dependent on the board for me of which style wave I ride. 

Have you tried filling the bow pnp as well?

Yes the stinger will do this but I usually have a light crew and find if its just two of us on the boat that running the stinger to far down just  squashes the power of the wave. Still surfable just more work, not my preference. With more people in the boat there may be more wiggle room with this while still being able to maintain the push.

I think my preference to lengthen the wave would be more bow weight as opposed to more stinger. I have tried the bow bag and have not noticed much of a change, but again this was with only a few people in the boat. I typically only fill the center tank and the wave is plenty long. I can get right into the break 25 feet back and ride if I want. 

I think there is a point where more weight will not make the wave better and once it's dialled that's probably as good as it will get. I had a big crew out and the boat actually struggled, so I dialled back  the ballast to smooth things out as it was no fun to drive. 

Anyway, everyone's prefernces are different. I just know that I have been getting a long, clean and poweful wave with a very basic set up and just two people in the boat and can switch sides in an instant. That is valuable for me and I think for most that need to switch often. 

stoked    1,039
17 hours ago, gwiz said:

Have you confirmed that speed with a GPS App? That's really really fast for surfing

rrd525    40

On our 2016 we switched from paddlewheel to a Nautic Logic GPS. Plug and play, and if we need the paddlewheel input back, the plug is easily reached under the rear bench seat. 1 minute tops to swap plugs.

NorSask    16

Yah that sure seems fast. Wouldn't hurt to verify your speed. We are surfing at 11.2 and anything faster then that really seems to flatten out our wave.

Edited by NorSask

CO Surfer    289

I can't imagine running at 13 mph.  That would be way too fast on mine.