How do you like my wave?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like my wave?

• OK
    • AWESOME

DrNate    426

Looks just like mine :).  And, yes, it is awesome!

InfinitySurf    302

Looks a lot like my SV244 too. Cant tell if you are surfing listed or flat. I run Nauticurl suck gate since I have 2014, the year before they came out with the modern surf system tabs. Only time I use CATS is if I have someone surfing on the goofy side, -20 on CATS give the wave a bit more curl to counteract the prop spin. Regular is still a much sicker wave tho

viking    491

Wave is good.............lead star of the show is Awesome!!!

CO Surfer    289

Links no worky

pedel    0

Your wave looks fantastic!  I have a few questions since I am looking at an out of state 233 and have never had the chance to surf one. What is your ballast set up?  Any bags in the boat?  Do you have quicksurf or listed?

thanks!

Bongo Fury    640

pedel.....tons of info on this site setting up a 233....these boats throw an epic wave when set up right!  We run both quick fills full and everything full on port side. With a small crew we add an additional 400 lbs on port side.  We also had a custom port pro bag made that gives us an additional 200-250lbs.   

pedel    0

Thanks...I've been reading up. The one I'm looking at is a '15 with quicksurf, ram fill, and plug and play. I'm trying to get a feel for if I can get a wave like this without bags on the floor.  I'm coming from a 2012 Malibu vlx and a key reason  for my wife is if we can get bags off the floor!  I'm assuming with quick surf you have the advantage of having all ballast full and could get a great wake but would love confirmation!

thanks again!

InfinitySurf    302

Pedel...You wont need bags on floor with an SV233. Lots of people with that boat that have an incredible wave. Depending on how big a wave you want...you can add some lead if you want. Really is not needed tho if you have the Ramfill and PnP in bow and rear sides. 

pedel    0

Thanks for the feedback. I hope to pull together a deal soon...and then I'm sure I will have more questions ?

CO Surfer    289

I have basically the same boat you're looking at ('16 instead of a '15) but they're the same.  You won't need any bags on the floor.  You can get the same wave as shown in the videos easily with that boat.

I have QuickSurf on mine as well but don't use it.  The wave is better without it.

Edited by CO Surfer

Bongo Fury    640

With a small crew the wave goes from good to epic with an extra 400 lbs.....that can be in a bag or lead but the extra weight makes a huge difference.   My wife was also nothing on the seats....one day we threw a 400 up just to see what would happen and we never looked back.  Again this is with a small crew you wont need it with a full boat.  Lead correctly positioned will give the same result.

Edited by Bongo Fury

CO Surfer    289

I do have 350 lbs of lead in the rear lockers.  I only have 2 people in the boat usually so little people weight to speak of.

• Like 1