Sfb330

Bottle of whiskey for the person who can solve

Sfb330    11

I have a 2013 sv244 with the zr409 engine.  Every now and then the starter button just stops working while I'm out on the lake.  Boat is in neutral, batteries fully charged, etc.  I hit the button and  nothing happens.  I've wiggled all the wires in the battery compartment, reset the ignition trips, etc and it still doesn't work.  I let the boat sit for about 15 mins and then it works fine and the boat starts right up. It may not happen again for 50 hours or it could happen again 10 minutes later.  Because it's so intermittent it's very hard to troubleshoot.  

When I hit the start button I don't hear a solenoid clicking so it leads me to believe it's a switch related issue before the starter solenoid.  

Many thoughts on this would certainly be appreciated...

jester    111

I do like Whisky. :)  I would start with the button itself.  It could be how you are pressing it.  If you have a wife let her push it since they are great at pushing things until they break :).  For troubleshooting you could pull the wire going to the starter and put a voltage meter on it to see if you get the same voltage every time.  If you confirm strong voltage the next place to check would be a relay or computer control for the starting system.  I do not know what one it is since I have not looked at how this is wired up.  Hope this helps.     

Sfb330    11

Sounds like a good place to start.  Thx for the ideas!

Cwazy1    89

check your engine kill switch lanyard. If that is faulty or has connection issues, you won't be able to ignite. 

• Like 1

257Tsunami    50

Sounds like your neutral safety sensor/switch is on its way out. When they start to go the sensor thinks the boat is in gear. So it would act the exact same way as it would if you left the boat in gear and were trying to start it. The good news is that if I happen to be right, you won't have to pay freight on the whiskey. We're pretty much neighbours.:D

• Like 1

Bobby Elite    6

I have a very different boat but had similar issue. Turned out that the bolt holding the power cable to starter wasn't tight enough. I would tighten the posts on the batteries and the starter. Mine felt tight, but after snugging everything down I haven't had any starting issues.

Chexi    35

One of the others probably got it, but forst thing is to make sure you are actually in neutral.  Made that maistake a fee times, and every time it happens, I am like holy crap what the %^{^{!  I have gotten in the habit of checking the throttle first (and last, becaus it is always it).  On an old tige, i had the neutral switch going bad problem.  Very intermittent and very annoying.  If you have this problem and you are sure you are in neutral, take it out of neutral and then go back to neutral and try again.  Try a few times, and if it tirns over, you have found your problem.

• Like 1

Sfb330    11

Thanks guys, I'll take a good look at the neutral switch. What's odd is after about 15 mins it will work again without having touched anything.  It's like something is cooling down and then it works.  Like the starter motor itself is acting up.  I will take a multimeter on the boat and when it does it again, check to see if I'm getting 12 volts to the starter when the button is pressed.  If I am then it's likely something with the starter itself.  

Sfb330    11

Thanks guys, I'll take a good look at the neutral switch. What's odd is after about 15 mins it will work again without having touched anything.  It's like something is cooling down and then it works.  Like the starter motor itself is acting up.  I will take a multimeter on the boat and when it does it again, check to see if I'm getting 12 volts to the starter when the button is pressed.  If I am then it's likely something with the starter itself.  

WakeDoc    471

Trade it in on a 2018 Centurion Si23, problem solved. I will PM my shipping address!

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Bobby Elite    6
15 hours ago, Sfb330 said:

Ditto, I thought something was getting heat soak. Tighten the wires!

tkrieger    0

Wondering how you resolved this issue.  My 2014 FX22 starting doing this a couple weeks ago...  Generally reseting the breakers was all I needed to do to get it going again, however yesterday it died altogether...  Spent the entire day checking connections / fuses, etc... but no luck.  Did you end up replacing the starter button, or the neutral sensor?

Thanks

Hein    63

Ever try tapping/banging on the starter solenoid when it won't turn over?  They can get stuck when hot.

Edited by Hein

Jake707    171
19 hours ago, Hein said:

Ever try tapping/banging on the starter solenoid when it won't turn over?  They can get stuck when hot.

Id start with this. For years I had a long 1/2 socket extension and small hammer in an old Toyota beater I had years ago, every now and then Id turn the key and nothing would happen. Pop the hood give the side of the starter a couple good smacks and boom fired right up.  Try to replicate the problem at home or on the dock then smack the starter. If it fires up right after swap in a new starter and you should be good. If not then start checking power to the starter and back from there.

Edited by Jake707

dunny    0

starter relay

namadio    0

Did you ever solve your problem?  I have a 2002 Escalade w/ the 350 Mag.  I've replaced the starter, starter solenoid x2, neutral safety switch, and had issues with the kill switch before.  Good luck!  I've still got an issue where if the throttle isn't exactly in neutral the boat wont start.  I have to jiggle the throttle just a hair, usually pulling it back slightly towards neutral (against the stop basically without the button up to shift out).  One of these days I'm going to look at it closer...

tkrieger    0

Mine ended up being the entire Throttle control electronics... Dealer replaced under warranty, and working great now.

InfinitySurf    302

I had exact same thing happen to me a few times on ignition button rather than the start button, same boat as the OP except a 2014 SV244. This boat has the push button start, stop...and of course the push button ignition button that powers up the system once you turn on the key so you can then push the "Start button". It never happened when I had not been using boat for a while, was always on the water when I had shut things down and later went to press "ignition button" to power things up so I could start boat....would push ignition button and nothing would happen. Let the boat sits 15-20mins and it would work again, was a really frustrating issue cause the first couple times I did not know that if I waited 15-20mins it would work again so I had a couple frantic scrambles! Especially cause the first time it happened to me, it was about 11pm at night as I was going down a dark narrow channel with a boat full of drunks and a good current that was pushing the boat toward the rocks....and drunk people think everything is funny, a few of them almost got thrown overboard! 

Anyway, replaced the push button switch once I realized that had to be the issue since it would always work after a while and it has not happened since then. However, I now basically don't use the ignition button except on rare occasions because I think these switches just wear out over time and all these push buttons will end up doing the same thing eventually. I now just leave the ignition button "hot/active" and just use the key to turn things on/off as needed. When surfing and we stop to switch riders.....I just hit the "stop" button to kill the engine and just leave the rest of the power on, when ready to go, just hit start and go. If we are gonna sit for a while...I just use the key to kill all the power. On occasion if we are gonna float for a while, I will turn on the key and use the ignition button to turn off the main power so the radio still works but I am not draining the batteries...I just know each time I do that, I have one less "push" down the road and eventually I am gonna push it and nothing will happen again, lol (I actually had my electronics guy fabricate me a little gadgets with 3 wires so if any of my push buttons stop working, I can bypass them with these wires to at least be able to get back from whereever I am at. The joys of newish technology.

I probably just need to order 1 extra push button for each, so I have them for down the road.

Nick213    583

The only time I use my ignition button is the beginning of the day. If we are on the boat we just use the start and stop button. No issues here yet with my buttons for me or the previous owner!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..