rrd525

Bags Self Draining

rrd525    40

What is the best remedy to stop the PNP rear bags from draining out the vent line on our S238?
The vent lines are run to opposite sides, but they drain out the side when underway. After a few runs the bag is half empty.
It has gotten much worse with the larger bags versus the stock bags.
Add a Check Valve close to the thru hull port? Add ball valves?
I have several check valves at home, so that seems like the easiest solution. But the Best solution s preferable.

xj1514    13
59 minutes ago, rrd525 said:

What is the best remedy to stop the PNP rear bags from draining out the vent line on our S238?
The vent lines are run to opposite sides, but they drain out the side when underway. After a few runs the bag is half empty.
It has gotten much worse with the larger bags versus the stock bags.
Add a Check Valve close to the thru hull port? Add ball valves?
I have several check valves at home, so that seems like the easiest solution. But the Best solution s preferable.

Hey mine too! Really annoying. Have not found a fix yet. 

lakerat    70

I don't know if this would work on a S238 and it's not very elegant, but I have a couple of rubber stoppers on tethers that I use to plug the vents on my V226.  Works good.

• Thanks 1

Mrwick    65

Possibly a vented loop ??????

rrd525    40
2 hours ago, lakerat said:

I don't know if this would work on a S238 and it's not very elegant, but I have a couple of rubber stoppers on tethers that I use to plug the vents on my V226.  Works good.

Definitely thought of sticking a cork in there.

xj1514    13
1 hour ago, rrd525 said:

Definitely thought of sticking a cork in there.

Lol. Funny stuff right there. 

stoked    1,039

It's the Bongo method. Buy 1 bottle of Patron. Drink 1 bottle of Patron. Use Patron cork to stop siphon.

• Like 1
  • Like 2

DarksideR    1,679

Ever since day one of owning my boat, the bow bag would self drain. I'd see it shoot out the vent when I was surfing. Or so I thought... My bow bag started to overflow one day at 70%, so I figured it must have moved and was caught under the footwell. So when I lifted the bow cushions and repositioned the bag I noticed a 1.5" perfect slice in the side of the bag. It was the bilge pump shooting the water out every time! Sent pics to my dealer two weeks ago to ask for warranty as its obvious to me that the installer cut the box open and sliced the bag at the factory. So far, no response. For now a silicone caulk and duck tape is holding it fairly well. 

image.jpeg

xj1514    13

I'll look mine over a little more, my bilge is dry though. 

rrd525    40

That sucks DarksideR. Hopefully the newer service manager there gets on top of it for you. You might need to remind him.

We surf level, with some lean. With the factory Fly High, they would puke out the sides a little, but with the bigger bags they definitely flow out the sides. Just getting in and out off the swim platform they dump out.  I think I need to convince the wife we need a few tequila nights.

• Like 1

lakerat    70
3 hours ago, stoked said:

It's the Bongo method. Buy 1 bottle of Patron. Drink 1 bottle of Patron. Use Patron cork to stop siphon.

Yes, credit to Bongo; that's where I got the idea.  I was afraid the cork would break off so I bought the rubber stoppers (corks) at Ace Hardware. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

stoked    1,039
4 hours ago, DarksideR said:

Ever since day one of owning my boat, the bow bag would self drain. I'd see it shoot out the vent when I was surfing. Or so I thought... My bow bag started to overflow one day at 70%, so I figured it must have moved and was caught under the footwell. So when I lifted the bow cushions and repositioned the bag I noticed a 1.5" perfect slice in the side of the bag. It was the bilge pump shooting the water out every time! Sent pics to my dealer two weeks ago to ask for warranty as its obvious to me that the installer cut the box open and sliced the bag at the factory. So far, no response. For now a silicone caulk and duck tape is holding it fairly well. 

Dude! I have a small leak that I just haven't been able to track down, all of the usual suspects are bone dry. I didn't even think to check that guy! It fits in such a weird space with all sorts of sharp things. Guess I'll be checking that this evening. 

• Like 1

CO Surfer    289

I agree with you Dark.  Looks like a knife cut.

I have the vents on my rear locker bags routed to the front of the boat.  Vent lines are about 10' long.  Works great.

• Like 1

Are you sure they are draining out of the vents? A worn out impeller in your fill drain pump will cause this issue. I have a s211 with upgraded 850's and never had this problem.

xj1514    13
2 hours ago, lake dweller said:

Are you sure they are draining out of the vents? A worn out impeller in your fill drain pump will cause this issue. I have a s211 with upgraded 850's and never had this problem.

This is what my mechanic said as well. Where are the vents at so I can keep an eye out?

rrd525    40
2 hours ago, lake dweller said:

Puke out the side vents while stationary and underway. Stuck corks in them last night. No loss of water, and kept a great wave both sides all night.
Middle rear Hole on Starboard, Rear Hole On Port.

Bongo Fury    640
On August 2, 2017 at 4:30 AM, stoked said:

Yes indeed.....suggest the large bottle....cork fits perfectly!

xj1514    13
2 hours ago, rrd525 said:

Puke out the side vents while stationary and underway. Stuck corks in them last night. No loss of water, and kept a great wave both sides all night.
Middle rear Hole on Starboard, Rear Hole On Port.

Thanks 

seattlehd    9

Thanks for the tip. I'll  be corking these next weekend for sure . I battled a constant leak out the side vents all day and ended up having to top off the bags every time we switched riders. Could be a coincidence but it was our first weekend out after adding another 400 pounds of lead (800 total) so we were sitting lower in rear than usual.