enzo on LI    79

So my fs44 has what appears to be the beginnings of some gel coat burn from the prop. It has the bubble in the hull which I assumed was supposed to resolve this issue. Th odd part is most of the burn is at the edge of the bubble and not the top where I would have expected to see it. Any insight?  

The only thing I do that i feel that might be part of the culprit is I put the boat gently into reverse each time a rider falls to allow the rollers to pass by quicker so I don't turn into them. I have tried to make sure that anyone else that drives does the same but it's possible that they aren't as gradual with the throttle as I. Could this be hurting it?

Darkside    248

I would suspect that the slow reverse is not the issue.  Do you hear/feel any cavitation on acceleration when pulling a rider up?  This is usually when damage occurs 

InfinitySurf    302

Reverse should not do that if forward does not, everyone has to use reverse and some don't do it so kindly without damage...I have close to 3/4" clearance, think 1/2-5/8" is minimum recommended. Any chance you ran in low water...prop kicking up debris/sand? How close does the prop get to bubble or edge of bubble where damage is?

From reading your other thread, think you need to prop down anyway. That should stop any potential issue anyway