enzo on LI    79

I have a 2016 fs44 with the H5 engine option. I struggle to get boat up to surf speed when using quicksurf option (all ballast full). Also seem to run high rpms when listing (about 3700-3800).  Generally a light crew (3-5) and no lead. The build sheet says it has the "surf prop".  Just checked it out and it has a 1589. Can anyone confirm if this is the surf prop and also would this be considered the high elevation prop? I am only at 1300' of elevation so wondering why the struggle. Other prop suggestions?

IMG_2461.JPG

257Tsunami    50

That looks to be the wrong prop for that boat. The 1589 is a 14.5"x16". 3700-3800 RPM's seems pretty low for running that engine with that boat. 16" pitch would explain the low RPM's and the lack of speed/power.

See below..... This is what Wakemakers Recommends. Seeing as they don't separate their recommendations based on engine size, one could assume they are basing this on the H6. The FS44 w/ H5 is a big boat with a small engine. You need to prop down. WAY DOWN. Get those RPM's up and you'll notice a huge difference.

https://www.wakemakers.com/centurion-wakeboard-boat-propellers

They recommend the 2571. I'm not sure that a 14" diameter on a boat the size of your FS is ideal. But they likely know much better than I do. Hopefully you get some guys with the FS44/H5 combo chiming in. They'd be able to give you some insight that is tried, tested, and true.

Edited by 257Tsunami

Tulsarust    0

old thread I know, but anyone have any insight on good prop for this setup?  did original poster get resolution for the enzo?