Tross49

Adding silent stinger wake plate

Tross49    4

Is it worth adding the silent stinger wake plate to my 2016 ri 237. If so, does anyone know the cost of it.

Troy    234

I like how quite the exhaust is and it seems to help make the wave look real nice also. 

Troy    234

I rode behind an Ri237 with the stinger, I haven't rode behind one with out.  I have an old Avy and the Ri was much quieter. 

257Tsunami    50

If it helps any, the exhaust hose going to my silent stinger self destructed last weekend. I don't believe there was any noticeable difference in sound level when surfing (in AND behind the boat). There were definitely more fumes though. At idle with no ballast it was louder. Didn't seem louder at cruise speeds (ballasted or not). I'd say go for it if the cost is justifiable. Just based on the fumes alone. Hopefully this updated exhaust hose holds up better than the original.

Darkside    248
11 minutes ago, 257Tsunami said:

If it helps any, the exhaust hose going to my silent stinger self destructed last weekend. I don't believe there was any noticeable difference in sound level when surfing (in AND behind the boat). There were definitely more fumes though. At idle with no ballast it was louder. Didn't seem louder at cruise speeds (ballasted or not). I'd say go for it if the cost is justifiable. Just based on the fumes alone. Hopefully this updated exhaust hose holds up better than the original.

I had 1st Gen hose and it shredded, i put the new hose on a couple weeks ago.  Huge improvement!  Original version looked odd, the new design is a black rubber hose and is just cleaner looking.   I agree sound level difference is most noticeable at idle, and the complete lack of fumes!

• Like 1

257Tsunami    50

Old hose. Had 25 Hrs on the clock when this was taken. I sure had my doubts when I bought the boat. But thought I better give them the benefit of the doubt.

1.jpg.a2a6ab12cc1eea4ee3a7de2c3bd67378.jpg

Old Hose vs. New Hose. Seems to be a better quality product. Definitely looks better. I still have my doubts...... but time will tell.

2.jpg.1c95a3182749ec9f106dacaebcf9af64.jpg

Edited by 257Tsunami

Donterry    7

Tross49, let me know if you find anything more out on this. I'm also interested on this mod but I'm concerned that the exhaust port on the transom is lower on the 2016's and it might be an issue. 

carguy79ta    67

I am guessing the hose on the right is the new version...that is what came on my 257..when I picked it up June 24

pilotmikey    0

I picked up my 2017 Ri237 in August of 2016 just as they were released. The silent stinger was still in R&D and not available then. My dealer told me that when it became available later in 2016, they would be able to retro-fit it. When 2017 came, he told me they had been misinformed and it is NOT retro fit available. Has that changed? Has anyone been able to retro fit it?

Thanks!

Tross49    4

So centurion doesn't make a plate that will fit with the 2016. I will have to have a stainless guy make me one if I want it.

WakeDoc    471

Do a fresh air exhaust much better choice in my opinion

InfinitySurf    302

freshairexhaust.com

gkjrs    0

I was told today by Centurion Customer Support that any mod to the exhaust of the boat that isn't a factory option will void your engine warranty, and that the stinger exhaust plates are only available for 2017 and newer models.  I was looking for something to help with noise on my 2015 FS44.  The FAE system gets great reviews, but now both are off the list for me until warranty period is up. 

InfinitySurf    302

Not so sure that is exactly true, from what I understand they cannot void the warranty just cause you bolt something on, unless something happens as direct result of the FAE....I have been told that you want to KEEP your flapper in place if you are still under warranty (on Centurion they stay in place and are not removed anyway, so that is non-issue). Also if you think about it, its only an extension for the exhaust to direct it underwater. I have FAE on my boat which is still under warranty...I have not had any engine warranty issues tho so I have not asked them firsthand and would not offer that info even if I did. I also thought there was some law or regulation in place to keep manufactures from being able to void warranties for bolt-on mods that do not change the performance (like a chip, etc)...I could be wrong here, but that is the impression I had.

• Like 1

nailem    29

I would have to agree with InfinitySurf, it would be like GM voiding a warranty because you put a K&N air filter on. The burden of proof is in them to say the FAE caused the issue.