Mrwick

Another "suckgate" story

Mrwick    65

So after my friends constant persuasion, I tried a Mission Delta that he uses on his Nautique 230.   For the record, it does make the Nautique pretty fun to surf with a really nice, pushy, skim style wake.  I installed it on my evenly weighted V226 and was unimpressed to say the least.  Very little push and the wave was short.......I then tried the combination of the shaper and a slight list, it made it surfible but the wave was still short.  I pulled the shaper off and kept the same slight list and the wave instantly gained height and push!   Finally I weighted the boat for it's normal listed wave and it was back to big, long, and awesome!  All of this was done on the regular side.  Bottom line, the shapers might not be a great investment if you are a V226 owner looking for a great wave.  I agreed to do this experiment looking for a way to speed up the regular to goofy switch times!  I guess I will keep throwing lead and filling/dumping bags . ☹️

InfinitySurf    302

Definitely does not work better on every boat, I have seen 1-2 of 10 or so have similar results, surprising to me on that model since that is still a deep V hull correct? Couple boats that I have helped friends set up with shapers...sometimes does take some dialing, with combo of shaper plus some list (like you did), etc. I know on mine, I have to add bow weight or it just makes the wave too steep and when you go to neutral, wave wants to crash over the sun deck. Its not quite as good on goofy side for mine either (little less curl to wave tho its still very nice), regular is pretty awesome tho with my Nauticurl. Wonder if others have had similar results you did with shaper on the Supreme's?

Mrwick    65

I have seen great results on several different boats using the delta.......that's why I was so surprised with my results.  The 230 Nautique, Tige Z1, and Mastercraft X25 all have very good waves with the shaper.  I completely understand that the 226's hull is designed way differently that the boats I mentioned.  I tried to be as scientific as possible in the trial as well, being carful to only change one variable at a time.  The one wild card in the trial was the water.  It got choppy on us as we were playing around......that kills everyone's wave?

Mrwick    65

To infinity's point, I hope if other 226 owners have had success with a shaper, let me know what you did.......

Edited by Mrwick

WakeDirt    19

I know it’s an old thread, but any one have any luck with a shaper?  My boat came with a mission delta and was curious if anyone had tried maybe some more bow weight?  I  have the hard tanks which I am going to leave in and 1100s on top but guessing they prolly only get 800ish?? Also plan on adding about 150in each rear corner and 150 in the bow center 

Mrwick    65

Wakedirt,

in my experience, shapers don’t work well on a 226....the wave is really good listed....that being said, I went down the path of a GSA system.   It’s pricy, but it’s worth the money......it does require at least 4K in ballast to throw a big wave.

• Like 2
  • Like 1