STS DEVCO

Interior and surf lights on same toggle '16 S238

STS DEVCO    0

I can not get surf lights and interior lights to function at the same time, can only have one or the other.  They are on the same teeter switch.  Has anyone else had this problem, if so, how did you fix it?  It seems like they left a jumper wire out. 

Edited by STS DEVCO

MFaso    56

I have a 17. My underwater lights are a different switch. I'm not sure if that change from 16-17. I would think they should NOT be the same switch and something was wired wrong on yours. Probably an easy tweak. lots of guys have 16s here and I'm sure the switches are the same on all models. Wait and see.

@Cwazy1? Thoughts?

Cwazy1    89

I haven't the slightest clue.. Ive never cared for lighting so didn't get that package. 

If OP knows that the two are wired on the same rocker, I'd just pull one off and dedicate a separate rocker for each. 

STS DEVCO    0

Thank for all the replies. I got in and dug around. Switched a couple of wires and now they run with the interior lights. But now no option for one or the other.Tried several combos. Kinda sucks though. You would think it was a no brainer from the factory. I guess adding a switch would be an easy option except for having to drill a hole in the dash.

Cwazy1    89
5 hours ago, STS DEVCO said:

Thank for all the replies. I got in and dug around. Switched a couple of wires and now they run with the interior lights. But now no option for one or the other.Tried several combos. Kinda sucks though. You would think it was a no brainer from the factory. I guess adding a switch would be an easy option except for having to drill a hole in the dash.

If you really don't want to drill, I'd just zip tie a rocker switch or a push button switch up beneath the dash so its out of the way but you know where it is. I'd just route the surf lights to that switch. 

• Like 1

rrd525    40

Ours was the same from factory last summer. I split ours. Transom lights on accessory switch, and interior on the interior switch. Super easy with a jumper wire. I did it while floating out on the lake one day. Just took a length of wire a few crimp ends and wire strippers.

• Like 1