Jake707

ZLD Crapping Out?

Jake707    171

Well it never fails. Getting the boat ready for tomorrow and my stereo isn't working. I have a Bluetooth deck and then the exile ZLD. It shows playing but no sound. If I push the aux button in and out sound crackles and sometimes plays but not all speakers or full volume which leads me to think it's the ZLD. Anyone know what could be the problem or if there's a fix before tomorrow? The ZLD is only two years old. 

truekaotik    458

Prolly the ZLD crapping out, bypass it, that will tell you. 

Wylie_Tunes    146

Yep, grab a pair of female x female RCA interconnects and patch the main to the in-boat zone rca and see, then do the same with the tower zone rca. 

Wylie_Tunes    146
1 hour ago, Wylie_Tunes said:

Yep, grab a pair of female x female RCA interconnects and patch the main to the in-boat zone rca and see, then do the same with the tower zone rca. 

29 minutes ago, Jake707 said:

How would I bypass it? 

^

Jake707    171

Sorry phone wasn't refreshing. I gave it a last ditched love tap This morning and it came to life like regular.  Made it through the whole day without and issue too. So something must be loose. I have an email in to exile and I would imagine they'll have me send it to them to test. 

Edited by Jake707

DarksideR    1,679

My WS420sq crapped out on me over the winter too.  My whole port side of inboats has no sound. If I flip the rca's around, it switches to the starboard side not working. I suppose it COULD be the rca's themselves... ?

Wylie_Tunes    146
1 hour ago, DarksideR said:

My WS420sq crapped out on me over the winter too.  My whole port side of inboats has no sound. If I flip the rca's around, it switches to the starboard side not working. I suppose it COULD be the rca's themselves... ?

If you swapped the left and right RCA inputs and the problem moved, its upstream of the WS-420SQ. If the problem stayed on the same side as originally, it be at the 420SQ or down.

Now, you didnt mention anything about the tower zone? any issue on the main inputs would effect not only the in-boats, but tower and woofer. 

Grab a 3.5mm x rca and plug your phone directly into the WS-420SQ main inputs and see if left and right return. You can also switch to the AUX input and see of both left and right play. This eliminates the downstream from the EQ as being an issue. 

Jake707    171

circling back, I reached out to Exile a week ago and they had me mail in the ZLD before even testing it they mailed me back a brand new one so I wasn't stuck camping with a boat and no tunes. Put the new one in and everything works as normal again. Shout out to Donavan and Brian at Exile for the hustle to make it right.

• Like 2