CO Surfer    289

Curious if anyone uses a boat hook.  I can dock with the pros but I occasionally have issues leaving the dock if there is wind blowing me back into the dock.  I'm by myself when this occurs (wife getting the truck).  Wondering what everyone else does in congested conditions to get the bow away from the dock with boats on either end of you.

stoked    1,039

I keep a boat hook on board, you never know what you'll need it for. Docking, picking stuff out of the water, whacking a misbehaving kid that's in the bow while you're driving... 

• Like 4

InfinitySurf    302

I don't have one on board, but probably is a good idea to have one with an inboard. I need to find one, been a few situations where it would have been helpful

gravity12    83

I have one.  We have it ready just incase. You never know what might happen.  Sometimes the rear swings out and this has saved us.  Or if you have some other idiot that is about to hit you. 

• Like 1

jester    111
On 7/24/2017 at 6:54 AM, stoked said:

, whacking a misbehaving kid that's in the bow while you're driving... 

Ok now that is funny.  

Having  boat hook is a good idea.  Keeping hands off the dock is a good way to make sure a finger-hand is not squished between the dock and boat or boat and boat.  I also have a walking fender that is out when we are docking so someone can easily put this between the dock and boat.    

InfinitySurf    302

I ended up buying one after you posted this thread COSurfer...4ft long with option to extend to 12ft and its pretty heavy duty. Really glad I got it, the place it comes in handiest for me is after I back off trailer and pulling over to dock to pick up everyone, many times I am along. Now if wind is blowing wrong direction, I can just pull myself in with the hook, was a great investment and sure I will find other good uses for it, thanks for the good idea COsurfer.

• Like 1

wheels    151

Or you could just buy the new Malibu 24mkz with bow thrusters for a Mere 12k option :huh:

CO Surfer    289

Well there may have been a time or two I would have liked some bow thrusters.  Here's what I ordered.  48" stowed; 96" extended.  Should have it on solar eclipse day. 

IMG_0581.JPG