bcbeck22

2017 Supreme 226 Rear Locker Size for Biggest Ballast

bcbeck22    0

We have a 2017 Supreme 226 and looking to upgrade the bags to the biggest that the rear lockers will hold without having to do the wall supports.    I'm not at the boat and I'm wondering if anyone knows the rear port and starboard locker dimensions?  By my memory, it looked like it was 40 inches long x 36 tall by 24 wide.  I could be way wrong with those numbers though.

Thanks in advance.

bcbeck22    0

We have a 2017 Supreme 226 and looking to upgrade the bags to the biggest that the rear lockers will hold without having to do the wall supports.    I'm not at the boat and I'm wondering if anyone knows the rear port and starboard locker dimensions?  By my memory, it looked like it was 40 inches long x 36 tall by 24 wide.  I could be way wrong with those numbers though.

Thanks in advance.

Cwazy1    89

a quick search would have yielded my thread from earlier this year which answers your exact question with precision 

bcbeck22    0

I did a search and that didn't show up, but thanks for the link.  

That was a lot of helpful info.  We didn't want to have to add any supports either if possible.    What bag setup did you wind up going with?

Cwazy1    89

I'm using the sumo 1000. It fits perfectly and does not require you to watch the filling to prevent your lockers from popping up when overfilled. The quick connect on top, for venting also does not get smashed into the underside of the locker and thus there is no risk of damaging that particular seam on the bag. 

I'm afraid you'd be best to add some support to the smaller fore engine panel divider on each side. The aft divider on each panel is rock solid with the build in L bracket, but the fore panel is un supported and will bow heavily unless reinforced. I purchased one set of panel reinforcers from wakemakers (3 U channels) and put one channel on each side. Even with the single u channel reinforcer on each side, it still isn't enough to keep it perfectly straight. It is enough to keep it from doing any damage.

GregB    0

I have 2016 S226.  Does anyone know if the locker size is the same between '16 and '17?