Sign in to follow this  
chenige

2000 elite A plate addition

chenige    84

Well I keep adding stuff to my old boat. Just bought a wetsounds sub, FAE and modified the speedo to GPS which is working great. Planning on having the pitot tubes/hardware removed and have the holes filled in and finished when I get the bow damage repaired this winter. 

I think my next mod is to add an Adjustable A plate. Right now I have yhe short tab that goes under the boat and hand adjustable. When I installed the FAE I think it pulled the tab up a bit and now porpoising a bit at 40 mph. I looked thru the threads and found Troys long thread but that was for adding on to the adjustable tab that was there. So where can I get the hardware?

Which lenco actuator?

Who makes up the plate that I can order from? I know there was at least one guy mentioned. 

Currently my new FAE attaches to my short tab. I see in pictures most attach up to the platform. Is this the only way to attach? I like to take the teak platform off sometimes.  

chenige    84

Nauticlougic. Converted my speedo in the boat.  Took a little modification. Not digital but works great. Does not fluctuate like my cell phone GPS.  Maybe next year PP in the other speedo  

Edited by chenige

chenige    84

IMG_5663.JPG

IMG_5661.JPG

Jake707    171

Man every time I see these FAE I always think to myself, Hell I can make that myself haha  but I never do.

• Like 1

chenige    84

Jake, did you ever get an a plate on your elite?

Jake707    171

nope still waiting for my lazy tush friend at the metal shop to fab it up, sucks but cant really rush free.  I had the diagram I got from here last year but I hope he still has it because its long gone. I only have one goofy rider that comes on my boat and she rarely rides anyway so it works out ok for now

Edited by Jake707

chenige    84

Do you have the short plate on it now like mine?  Is the only benefit for goofy?  

chenige    84

Do you have the short plate on it now like mine?  Is the only benefit for goofy?  

Jake707    171

I have a square plate and manual adjusters like yours but mine looks to be a bit bigger. This is the bes pic I have at work but you can see my adjusters are at more of an angle than yours and the plate comes farther out from the boat.  Is yours custom or did they offer different sizes? The adjusters are really useless as its one solid piece and does not flex enough to make any difference.

My understanding is the A plate is only good to clean up, maybe enhance a bit too, the goofy sided wave.

IMG_4228.JPG

beau t    8
1 hour ago, Jake707 said:

"I have a square plate and manual adjusters like yours but mine looks to be a bit bigger. This is the bes pic I have at work but you can see my adjusters are at more of an angle than yours and the plate comes farther out from the boat.  Is yours custom or did they offer different sizes? The adjusters are really useless as its one solid piece and does not flex enough to make any difference.

My understanding is the A plate is only good to clean up, maybe enhance a bit too, the goofy sided wave."

In for answer, i noticed this to,and was also curious why the plate was so much shorter than mine.

Edited by beau t