So I have been through every post I could find through the search but nothing that is exactly like my setup. Our Enzo is a 2006 sv230 scorpion 330 motor with the full length bag on the port and an 1100 bag on the starboard and switchblade. The boat currently has a 817 prop which is a 13.5 x 17.5. We are at 5200ft and it is a complete dog. Looking at everything I believe an 1619 or possibly a 1433 might be the ticket but only have 5/8" clearance. Anyone have some experience that would help?

Edited by 7.5unlimited

InfinitySurf    302

Call Nettle Props in Austin, TX @ 512-837-7707, (or ACME) they have all the specs to be sure you don't get a prop that is too big and will cause prop burn, and should know exactly what prop you need based on your specs.

I love my 1433, incredible low end torque and yet, still great top end. But its 14.25 X 14.25....

DjOM21    59

I would think Acme 1579 or 1619 is the best option as I believe the 13.5" diameter will be your limiting factor. The latter will have a lower pitch so theoretically should pull harder. 

Bongo Fury    640

We run an 1847.   I think our hulls are the same.  This was the high altitude option when we ordered the boat.  Its perfect for us.  We have a 409.

Dreamer    96
2 hours ago, DjOM21 said:

I would think Acme 1579 or 1619 is the best option as I believe the 13.5" diameter will be your limiting factor. The latter will have a lower pitch so theoretically should pull harder. 

These two are great choices. We are at sea level and I really liked the 13.5" 5 blade prop. Can't remember the catalogue number but the rpms wakesurfing were a couple hundred  lower than my 1579. If you get a 14" diameter propeller you risk some gel burn.

Just relooking at your elevation and also the switchblade and would suggest trying the 1619 first.

Rhale    80

We're at roughly 3000ft in elevation with our '06 230 with switchblade and run the 1579 per Acme recommendations. Still pulls hard with a full crew and an Enzo sac. 

Thanks guys for the responses. I will give Nettle a call this morning to see what their thoughts our but leaning towards the 1619. Yesterday while on the water I could hardly get to boat out of the water with 12 people onboard and no no ballast. Topped out at 25 MPH turning 3450 RPM's. Didn't relieve how much heavier this boat was compared to our old Avalanche.

Don't know if this helps but ...

I have the same prop (817) on an 07 Elite Air Warrior (1.46 / 1 gear ratio).  In Salt Lake, the lakes are generally around 4900ft.  I run 1500# rear and 250# mid ballast (evenly weighted).  I have to be going 12.5-13.5 mph to get a surf-able wave, however it doesn't have enough push to drop the rope.   I just barely got off the phone w/ acme and they recommended the 537 (1 1/2in less pitch) than the 817.  Your boat is longer and heavier so my guess is you'd need even less pitch.  Maybe call them both and compare the recommendations.  

• Like 1

arono    0

I run a 1619 in my 06 Enzo and it's an awesome prop. We typically run about 3k of ballast plus crew/gear and the boat does great. Before I reproped the boat it had a 537 and would run mid 40s, now with the 1619 I can still run just a hair under 39 on gps.

So just to follow up I spoke with Wake Makers, Nettle, and Acme and all recommended the 1619 for my application. Should be here on Friday so looking forward to getting it on and getting better performance. I was at the point on selling the boat and finding something else due to everyone talking about the wave on the Enzo. So far my experience has been quite the opposite. Any tip on getting it dialed in would be appreciated as we are spending the next two weeks on the water.

InfinitySurf    302

Others can give you listed setup, I had trouble with that too.

If you cant get an awesome listed wave...do what I did and get a suck gate, you have a great boat made to produce a surf wave. (my wave was decent listed but just not as good as I wanted.....perhaps partly my fault for being newer at this sport). But not only can you run full ballast and sink the boat more using a suck gate, but I gained a lot of push and length cause I was able to add weight to rear by filling all PNP and Ramfill....along with bow weight bag plus lead. I got a Nauticurl suck gate, but they all work similar. Long, big wave with a ton of push and everyone that has been on it loves it (its not quite as good goofy..guessing due to prop spin cause I do have the A-plate. It just does not have quite as much push and you can see little less curl in the wave). Beyond a couple of the new boats with surf system and the extra ballast, you cannot get a better wave. Of the boats I have been on, the RI237 or RI257 is the ONLY boat with stock ballast that can compete. I have recently been on new Tige RZX2, Moomba, Malibu, and Nautique G23....they are rideable and nice but nothing that makes you NEED to go for another ride. You got the right brand, just need enough weight and the setup to make it happen

Tross49    4

On my 2007 230 in Utah I ran a 13.5x13. But 1433 is what my buddy ran.