Fivebar2

How many hours do you have?

rockballer    162

Got my 2014 with zero hours on it. Started this season at 72 hrs. So far this season we are now sitting at 74 hrs..... LOL really need to use it more. Just don't have the time.

Bobby Elite    6

Bought my boat in early '16 with 330 hours, I just rolled over 580.

My season is taking a hit because they are draining my river for a month

cripper    8

IMG_7565.JPG.12a0e61910f9301caa8617fbf6a3f9db.JPGBought right around 4/1 and now 121 hours ...crazy thing is if you look at diacomm data roughly 80 hours are idle or around idle speed....this not turning boat off when ballasted is really adding up!!!

257Tsunami    50

@cripper - Shut it off. You'll be fine. Especially if it's only for a short period of time. We've spent a lot of time ballasted with the engine off. No issues yet. It's not worth putting all of those extra hours on the boat.

Darkside    249

There is a bulletin saying drain rams IF your going to have engine off for greater than 15 min.   So turn it off between riders, no worries.

wheels    150
2 hours ago, cripper said:

IMG_7565.JPG.12a0e61910f9301caa8617fbf6a3f9db.JPGBought right around 4/1 and now 121 hours ...crazy thing is if you look at diacomm data roughly 80 hours are idle or around idle speed....this not turning boat off when ballasted is really adding up!!!

That's not just floating idle hours. That is also the time you spend idling back to your rider to pick them up etc. I always turn my boat off when not moving and was surprised to see how many idle hours I had on my boat till I figured out it was all the time slowly returning to rider and them setting up etc. 

• Like 1

slvrbulit    6

98 elite open bow, I just turned 1000 hours last weekend

• Like 1

Tleeah    33

355 hours

purchased boat in 2014 with 59 hours

Had 258 hours in May 2017

Travis

Skibumm    184

In for the win 94 with 3493 hours on original power. 

• Like 6

Darkside    249

6 minutes ago, Skibumm said:

In for the win 94 with 3493 hours on original power. 

Averaging 150hrs/yr for 23 years!  That is freaking awesome!

enzo on LI    79

2016 fs44 bought late October of '16 with 2 hrs on it. Put 26 on it by 2nd week of November before winterizing. Now has 105hrs so about 80 this season already ?

• Like 1

NorSask    16

We ordered our '17 Supreme s238 in March, picked up from our dealer on May 24th. We just rolled over 60 hours before I came back to work. Hoping to get another 10 hours on it before the end of the season which would be a great year for us in Northern Canada where our season really only lasts from mid May to mid September on a good year!

• Like 1

mrrpfc4    38

I traded my 2015 FS44 in with 230 hours, had it for 2 seasons, have had the RI257 for 2 weekends now and it's got 27 hours. 

• Like 1

Tross49    1

But my boat June 22 2017 with 50 hours on it I have 96 hours on it as of today 

Edited by Tross49
  • Like 1

CO Surfer    289

You guys need to get out more!

Darkside    249
14 hours ago, Nick213 said:

My 08 Avy only has 136 hours :D

Wow that breaks down to 15 hours a year....you need to get out more.... a lot more!

Nick213    586
10 minutes ago, Darkside said:

Wow that breaks down to 15 hours a year....you need to get out more.... a lot more!

I bought the boat late summer 2014 with 22 hours on it. Didn't use it to much last year.

this year since memorial weekend I don't think I've missed one weekend without being on the water. 

Part of such low hours is the engine isn't running if the boat isn't moving.

Edited by Nick213

InfinitySurf    280

I shut mine off too when switching riders or chilling, that definately makes a difference on hours. It can add up quickly. Will still get well over 100hrs this summer, but I am out every weekend on either Sat or Sun (only missed one all summer) and also just about every Weds evening is "Wakesurf Weds", great way to break up the work week and be stress free for a few hours!

Darkside    249

So the previous owner is the culprit!  Good your getting to use it.    No point having one of these and letting it set.

We do same thing, shut it down between riders.   That alone can be an hour a day

Edited by Darkside
  • Like 1

Nick213    586

I agree, I know for my boat anyway (you have to remember I have a way longer fill time on my ballast) lunch and between riders, we will be out for 8 hours but only have the engine running 4-4.5 hours of that with everything and switch time.