tkrieger    0

Wondering if anyone knows if there are Canadian maps available for the GPS systems.  I'm the newish owner of a 2014 FX22, and it appears to only have US maps, as everything above the boarder just appears as a huge yellow wasteland.  Perhaps I'm missing a setting somewhere?

Appreciate the help.

Thanks

stoked    1,039

Here you go! 

Canada_info_Low-984x500.jpg

• Like 2

viking    491

^^ Thats Great Stoked ^^  

tkrieger    0

Thanks for the information, but I'm wondering why this wouldn't have been included with new boat purchase?  Should I be going back to the dealer or do Canadians need to purchase their own?

257Tsunami    50

I don't believe the maps were ever supposed to come with the boat. Same for the US. That was always something that needed to be purchased through Navionics separately. This is what I was told from Centurion and my dealer. Could be wrong though.

wheels    151

My 17 ri works in Canada. Have no idea how To use it but I can bring up my lake I'm on 

257Tsunami    50

It'll work no problem. The factory setup will track your path/location. You can put in your own waypoints, mark your own waypoints, etc. You just don't get the charts with it. The charts have to be purchased separately from Navionics. The factory GPS is more for if you want to mark that favourite spot so you can come back to it. Or if you want to tell somebody else your co-ordinates so they can come find you (or v.v.). Or perhaps there's a stump, sandbar, etc. that you want to mark so that you know to stay away from it. I'm not sure if the factory GPS has the US maps or not. I've never looked.

wheels    151

I'm pretty sure mine brought up the depth and scale of the lake. I will have to check again. Can't see myself ever using it though as my lake is pretty small and I know it like the back of my hand. 

Darkside    248

Yes US has maps, charts as well.  Very useful when going to new lakes, or big lakes you're not as familiar with. 

We take a trip to TN, once per year.   I use the maps a ton while there.  Seeing the channels mapped is a huge help!   It makes a huge difference.   At home, rarely if ever. 

257Tsunami    50

I need to make a correction. The lake we are on is 50/50 US/CANADA. Last weekend I turned the GPS on and realized that the US half of the lake is all charted. The Canadian side didn't exist. So it appears that the US maps do come preloaded as Darkside has stated. Sorry for the inaccurate info from before.

tkrieger    0

257Tsunami - That must be Koocanusa, is it?  If so we are on the same lake.  Would really like to be able to mark some low spots, but really not sure how beneficial it would be?  Guess I can still mark the spots, it just won't show the water/land ....

Does anyone on here actually make use of this functionality and find it useful?

Thanks

257Tsunami    50
11 hours ago, tkrieger said:

257Tsunami - That must be Koocanusa, is it?  If so we are on the same lake.  Would really like to be able to mark some low spots, but really not sure how beneficial it would be?  Guess I can still mark the spots, it just won't show the water/land ....

Does anyone on here actually make use of this functionality and find it useful?

Thanks

You got it. I don't have anything marked on GPS. But I know the lake pretty darn good. Spent a lot of time riding quads on the lake bed during the spring seasons when water was out which helps too. Not sure how familiar you are with the lake but I could let you know where to stay away from. You can also purchase the Canadian charts for your GPS. IIRC, for some reason I think I looked into the Canadian maps and Kooc wasn't charted on it. Likely due to the ever changing lake bottom from the lake draining and filling back up every year.