wheels    151

So who knows what changes are in store for 2018 ri. Here's what I know

cats will now be an option

new type of flooring 

h20king    794

I hear new quick surf tabs and hull change

Capdoogie    2

Hull change for ri237 for sure!  Possibly to  ri217. No hull change to ri257.  They changed the bottom to mimick the ri257.   Also new upholstery.   Took away some colors added colors. New flake material in paint.

Bawshogg    77

Through the looking glass, things will look different......

I heard..NO MORE SCREW CAPS! but that might have just been a rumor.

• Like 2

257Tsunami    50

Ri 217/237
- New Windshield
- New Hull (Similar to 257)
- Single Screen (No more SxS) Dash Same is Fi
- No more Screw Caps
- Ramfill an Option (Meaning you'll be able to opt for more PnP instead of Ramfill)
- CATS an Option

Ri257
- New Windshield
- No more Screw Caps
- CATS an Option
- Ramfill an Option

Would be nice to see shorter gearing with the XR7. Wonder if that'll happen for 2018.

You hear lots of things. Hard to tell what's real and what's speculation. I'll believe everything I see once I actually see it with my own eyes.

Edited by 257Tsunami

Bawshogg    77

FI dash will be just that. FI. RI will still use SXS screens across all models.

1 hour ago, 257Tsunami said:

Ri 217/237
- New Windshield
- New Hull (Similar to 257)
- Single Screen (No more SxS) Dash Same is Fi
- No more Screw Caps
- Ramfill an Option (Meaning you'll be able to opt for more PnP instead of Ramfill)
- CATS an Option

Ri257
- New Windshield
- No more Screw Caps
- CATS an Option
- Ramfill an Option

Would be nice to see shorter gearing with the XR7. Wonder if that'll happen for 2018.

You hear lots of things. Hard to tell what's real and what's speculation. I'll believe everything I see once I actually see it with my own eyes.

I think they will have new gearing for XR7, at least for Fi

Edited by Sparkycollier

Cwazy1    89

I'm missing something here.. what are screw caps referring to? 

257Tsunami    50

The little bumps on the dash and vinyl panels that you see. There are screws under them. They put the vinyl screw caps on them to cover them up.

Capdoogie    2

So, why would you not order the ri237/257 with ram fill or cats?  I thought that was one of the selling points.

257Tsunami    50

My understanding is that some people prefer the bags because you don't have to be moving to fill/empty. And if I'm not mistaken, you can get more weight in the same space using bags instead of Ramfill. Or use the extra space for storage. That's what I've been told from others who ordered older Centurions without the Ramfill option. I can't see any reason to NOT order CATS aside from saving a few bucks.

InfinitySurf    302

I don't think you can get more total ballast without Ramfill tho I could be wrong (if Quickfill made up the difference). I have Ramfill on my 2014 SV244 (first year of Ramfill) and get 1250 per side....and then have 700lb PnP bags on each side....so 1950 total per side in rear for total of 3,900lbs. Guess the new RI locker size may be different without RF, but I know on the SV244 that I have, without Ramfill you can fit 1100lb bags....I have heard of people getting 1500lb if they also go up under side seats with custom made bag but then you lose all that storage space I believe. With Ramfill, it does take up like half of the storage under side seats but you still have some storage area left tho its only like 6-8" deep, so kindof sucks in that regard for sure.

Personally I really like Ramfill option since I use it a lot... tho for someone who just wants storage and does not surf a lot, I could see the benefit of not having Ramfill and it IS nice to be able to fill PnP while sitting still. Course not sure why you would buy a boat like this if watersports is not your thing.

• Like 1

CO Surfer    289

Why would anyone want to wait 7-8 minutes to fill bags when you can just drive down the lake for 30-40 seconds and be done?

• Like 1

wheels    151

Cats are an option because centurion has to pay a royalty for every boat with cats 

http://www.freedompowersportsusa.com/default.asp?page=xInventoryDetail&id=3622345&p=1&make=centurion&s=Year&d=D&l=freedom marine&t=new&vt=boat&fr=xallinventory

"This new model is optimized from the running surface up to exceed Centurion’s dominant water sports performance. The Ri237 furthers this storied performance with a newly designed Deep-v Hull pushed by GM Gen 5 direct injection power from PCM with C-Force."

Cdifranco    463
11 hours ago, CO Surfer said:

Why would anyone want to wait 7-8 minutes to fill bags when you can just drive down the lake for 30-40 seconds and be done?

Even with ramfill arnt you waiting to fill the PNP bags afterwards? 

BoardCo    110

I have to be careful when talking about 2018 stuff but this is an area that I can hopefully provide some helpful info.

Ramfill and CATS are options for the 2018 boats and there are a few reasons why they are options instead of standard equipment.

CATS - When it comes to this one it is correct that with the recent Correct Craft / Malibu Lawsuit settlement Centurion has to pay a royalty for all CATS systems that are put into a boat. In the past the CATS fin made a huge difference for the quality of the wakeboard and surf wakes, especially in the SV and FS series boats. With what Centurion has coming down the line for 2018 CATS isn't nearly as vital and has only minor benefits. As a dealer trying to explain and demonstrate the benefits of CATS is a very difficult process and 90% of customers rarely use it.

CATS has major benefits for boat owners looking for the ultimate in customization, however for the majority of Centurion owners it is a system that adds another level of complication and isn't utilized. By making it an option for 2018 it allows those that want the benefits to get a boat with it but also allows those that don't need it to save some $$$.

RAMFILL - Ramfill is the bees knees, that's pretty much it. It is an option for 2018 but the ballast capacity and storage will be identical whether you choose to have Ramfill or not. The primary reason why it is an option is for marketing purposes and I am in favor of this change even though we will probably never sell a boat without Ramfill. By having it as an option Centurion puts themselves in a stronger when going head to head against another boat brand. Here is an example:

CURRENT SALES GUY CONVERSATION (Comparing against Brand A)
"We do our ballast system differently than Brand A, we offer a system that fills and empties faster and is superior to Brand A's System"

2018 SALES GUY CONVERSATION
"We offer the same ballast configuration as Brand A in our boats. Beyond that we offer an upgrade that allows you to take your ballast fill time from 18 minutes to 45 seconds. We are the only boat manufacturer that offers this system upgrade and it is amazing."

Nobody should ever order a boat without Ramfill but it does put Centurion in a stronger position when showcasing the benefits of Ramfill by making it an option. If someone tries to order a boat without it I will probably slap them and require a 50% down payment on the boat. There have been a few warranty issues with the system but Ramfill is pretty much the best thing ever.

Also, with the amount of ballast that the 2018 boats hold the ballast fill or empty time would be around 20 minutes without Ramfill. We took a Supra SE550 on trade for a 257 this year and the time to fill the ballast clocked in at 17 minutes and 40 seconds (we timed it). After having Ramfill that seemed like the longest 18 minutes of my life.

• Like 8

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..