DrNate

new board advice

DrNate    426

So my 12 year old son has been killing it behind the boat.  He learned on an Inland Surfer Ooze but now I feel the board is holding him back.  He wants a more surf style board for better bottom turns, airs, etc.  His bottom turns are legit, but the pin tail is not good for pushing off of, etc.  He weights 140 pounds and absolutely HATES arch bars, he has flat feet, so this probably rules out Inland Surfer.  Obviously I could have  a custom made, but not willing to spend the coin on that just yet.

Looking for probably around 4'2" to 4'6" in size guessing on the size of boards he's ridden.  

Don't want to break the bank but I know you get what you pay for also.

Suggestions appreciated.  Used is ideal.  Prefer like a squash or slight round tail.  He wants to try like a quad fin or twinzer fin setup but interchangable from 3-4-to 2 fin setup would be cool.  

Edited by DrNate

daz28iroc    73

http://windwardhosting.com/shuswap/part/17091~~2017-Diamond-Cl-Wakesurfer---by-Phase-5

this is the board I went with recently and we absolutely love it, super easy to ride plus its coming from Canada so take 30% off the price when you convert to USD (real dollars).

when I ordered I called them up and they can get any board your after.

DrNate    426

That seems like more of a skim style board.  I've ridden the Daniello, it's fun. 

DrNate    426

Well I pulled the trigger and wanted to update this thread with a couple of pictures.  Hopefully I will have some video coming as well.  

I bought a last year's model at BoardCO and they are awesome to deal with.  They have a ride and return policy, too, by the way, which is kind of unheard of in my opinion.

Anyway, my son fell in love with the Race.  He said it was faster and more responsive than what he was used to and it was fun to watch him progress his riding in one outing!  He weighs 140 lbs. and P5 says the Race is good for up to about 165, so he'll be good for a couple years.

Stoked Dad here!

Race.JPG

Race2.JPG

• Like 4

Shaka    146

I just got a Chaos Bamboo Ringer XL. Great board with a lot of fin options. Fast board for big guys. If you're even bigger you can get an XXL version.