chowder2016

RamFill - won't drain

chowder2016    110

So the port side RamFill seemed to fill on its own and then it won't drain.

My guess is there is something blocking the fill valve opening so it won't let it close.  So even when Draining the ram it is continuously filling.

Does anyone know how easy or hard it is to get to the opening to check? I imagine it would be the same for all the RI's right?

257Tsunami    50

1. First off I'd double check that your Trailer Mode is all turned off.

2. Second, I'd stick your head down into the hull and remove the clip and manually try the valve. That should determine if there is something stuck or not. This will also verify if the valve is in the same position your screen is telling you it is.

3. If 1&2 don't fix anything, I would use the Trailer Mode (with engine off) and see if you can hear the valves opening and closing. If you hear them working, have somebody stick their head down in the hull to verify that the valve in question is working. If it is you likely have a software issue. If it is not working the problem either lies in the software or the valve/wiring itself.

4. While under way (fast enough for Ramfill to engage) with somebody else driving, poke your head in a spot where you can watch to see if that valve is operating properly when being told to Open or Close.

I would say that anything past #3 and I would get the dealer involved. In the meantime you can always remove the clip and operate the valve manually. So you aren't TOTALLY dead in the water. When we did our lake test upon pickup, none of the Ramfill Valves were operating. The screen wasn't communicating with the valves. The dealer updated/reinstalled the software and they've worked fine every since. It could very well be a software glitch. The above steps are pretty easy/quick to do and should help pinpoint/fix the problem.   

• Like 1

carguy79ta    67

good list of points.  my dealer showed me where those intake and output valves were at.

@chowder2016 also has the newest software that came from the factory last week. We put almost 14 hours on it last weekend before this ramfill incident. 

@257Tsunami good to know you can go to manual mode. That's a really good tip!

257Tsunami    50
1 hour ago, DeltaFirstMate said:

@chowder2016 also has the newest software that came from the factory last week. We put almost 14 hours on it last weekend before this ramfill incident. 

@257Tsunami good to know you can go to manual mode. That's a really good tip!

I've had a couple of instances where SxS software has worked fine, than randomly a glitch comes about. I for sure wouldn't rule out software. Unfortunately, the SxS software seems to be the biggest flaw with these boats.

• Like 1

chowder2016    110

So it looks like it was a software thing. Dealer checked everything out re-loaded the software and we took it out in the Lake Folsom and everything worked just fine.  I'm glad it was an easy fix and I even got to do some sunset surfing!

IMG_1989.JPG

• Like 1

carguy79ta    67

have your dealer give you the software along with how to reflash.  I will get the software and the how to tomorrow.  put it on a thumb drive and keep it in your boat.

• Like 2

carguy79ta    67

I downloaded the software ..1 thumb drive for screen #1 and a 2nd thumdrive for screen#2.  All went well this weekend...wondering where do you plug the thumb drives into?  just wanting to know if I have to reflash.

Bawshogg    77

The ports are under the dash on the left hand side. Labelled.

carguy79ta    67

thanks Baws.  this weekend on my "preflight inspection" I will locate them.

volzalum    280

Would be nice if the site could get the latest firmware for each of the years and have it downloadable for users, but I know there are too many liabilities. Any dealer want to email the latest firmware for a 2015 FS44 with XR550?