Jesse    0

Trying to surf on my 2017 s238. My wake looks good but I can't ever release the rope so don't know if my wake isn't good enough or if I'm doing something else wrong.  Speed was 11.2, back left tanks 100%, and center 100%. Tried the surf gate things at various % 40 all the way to 80.  If anybody has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated 

Cwazy1    89

stock ballast?

how big are you?

what board are you riding?

Jesse    0

I have 6 ballast total.  

6'1.5" 215#

chapparel board. 

MFaso    56
4 hours ago, Jesse said:

4300 # ballast

Regardless of the ballast...I'm the same weight as you. I also have a 17 S238. I'm riding a 4'10 surf style and a 4'10 skim style with no problem NOW, after feeling the exact same way you are right now. I was bummed that it wasn't working perfectly out of the box. I found it wasn't the boat, it was me. How many times have you been out and are you getting up and riding the board no problem? Meaning, are you able to hold the rope and ride? Carve a bit? I'm a total newbie too but I can say it took me about 5-6 days out to really get it. I literally just got it this past Friday night.

If you post a video here of you riding these guys can really help you. They can see your wave and how you are riding and throw you a ton of tips. Have someone video you the next time out. You'll see a bunch of posts from me here that you will relate to with the frustration of not being able to drop the rope...

Jesse    0

Okay thanks for the input. I'll keep trying I fig it was probably me.   What's your setup on your ballast tanks.  I'm riding a 4'10 skin style also.  Next time I go out I'll have my wife shoot a video and I'll post it on here.  

Thanks 

Jesse    0

Also yes I'm getting up and can carve as long as I'm holding the rope.  The rope never gets any slack in it regardless if I lean forward on board.  

MFaso    56
8 hours ago, Jesse said:

Okay thanks for the input. I'll keep trying I fig it was probably me.   What's your setup on your ballast tanks.  I'm riding a 4'10 skin style also.  Next time I go out I'll have my wife shoot a video and I'll post it on here.  

Thanks 

I have the wakemakers upgrade which bumps the rear bags to around 700lbs, and adds midship bags under the bench seats. I think the midship bags are another 350lbs each. I also have 400lbs of lead under the port side(my surf side) bag and 100 under mt starboard side.

port pnp is 100%, port QF is 100%

Starboard pnp is 40%. Starboard QF 50%

In the video my speed was 11.1, my quick surf was 50 and my trim tab was 44(or 40 something)

0% in my bow pnp, 0% in my bow QF tank.

I don't think this is considered listing the boat but it does list a little on the surf side based on the weight. The swim platform is probably a good foot under water on the surf side and the rail is maybe an inch off the water when idle. Keep in mind this was JUST 1 person in the boat(the driver).

If I added people I would keep the same ballast setup and maybe just play with the QS and trim tab setting.(I had more people Sunday and that's what I did and it still worked perfectly in choppy and windy conditions)

8 hours ago, Jesse said:

Also yes I'm getting up and can carve as long as I'm holding the rope.  The rope never gets any slack in it regardless if I lean forward on board.  

Forget leaning forward. Just move your hips over your front foot and press on your toes. I also took a step up with my front foot. It's like snowboarding on your toe edge most of the time with wide stance. ...and I'm really NEW but I hope this helps as it's what I did to make it work. Many of the guys here aren't focusing much on the little details because once you get the "feel" and see where the push is and comes from, it just works.

Fivebar2    176

Try moving your front foot forward on the board more. (Potentially the issue with out seeing a video or picture)

• Like 1

Jesse    0

ok thanks for all the tips.  I'll be going out on July 1&2. I'll take a video and post it on here.  Also. Where do you guys buy your lead at 

stoked    1,039
7 hours ago, Jesse said:

ok thanks for all the tips.  I'll be going out on July 1&2. I'll take a video and post it on here.  Also. Where do you guys buy your lead at 

Most use 1 of 2:

My preference is leadwake (https://www.leadwake.com/) because I like the 50lb bags

There is also http://www.pop-products.com/ which do 40lb bags

• Like 1

MFaso    56
10 hours ago, Jesse said:

I had a thread on this as well. I was in your shoes and had all the same questions. POP products are cheaper and I was using that as my deciding factor at first. But, in the end I bought lead wake bags. They seem to be made better, they are 50lbs instead of 40lbs per bag, and the shipping is free through USPS. Call him and talk to the owner(Jared). He will do it right over the phone and if you buy 9, the 10th is free, which brings the cost difference $60 closer. :)

The pop products bags will only ship to a business with a lift of some sort. Apparently he owns a machine shop and the scrap metal is used for his bags(somehow). Then he has trucks that he uses to ship the lead. He won't deliver to a residence. This is not his primary business.

I don't think you need more than 10 but that's an opinion.

InfinitySurf    302

Leadwake...way better from what I can see (just bought 500lbs)...right now its 10% off on any quantity you buy (code is fire10). Price includes free shipping. 50lb bag at retail = $59.99.

Call Jared @ 626-353-0340

Love the lead....getting a KILLER wave. Went out this evening and had to trim the bow down cause the wave was so monstrous. Easily waist high running little over 4500lbs of ballast plus people. I am using a suckgate with it just cause I can add more ballast and the push is simply sick. Much better than I have been able to achieve listing...tho plenty others on here can make a killer listed wave. Since I am fairly new to surfing...better wave with lots of push made it easier for me to progress faster. No matter what tho, there is a learning curve to surfing. I got up first try being athletic and could surf all day holding rope....dropping it and keeping the wave more than 60 seconds was another thing and it took me 12-15 trips to get it. Keep doing it and it will just "click" one day and you will feel it.

• Like 1

Jesse    0

Okay. I'm gonna get some lead and keep trying. Thanks guys 

InfinitySurf    302

Found a tool to resize pics...see if this works. 1 pic of surf wave tonight and then one of me riding it. 

Surfing resized.jpg

Wave pic. resized.jpg

• Like 1

MFaso    56
9 hours ago, InfinitySurf said:

Found a tool to resize pics...see if this works. 1 pic of surf wave tonight and then one of me riding it. 

Surfing resized.jpg

Wave pic. resized.jpg

Nice! I have the same board and I love it. I pulled the rear two little fins and it got much better. What are you running with fin setup?

InfinitySurf    302

I did exactly the same thing...I pulled the 2 smaller fins in rear and I like it much better now, breaks free a little easier now for carving. I got the 4' 8" board and am 205lbs. Wish I had gone with the 4' 6"....this one is almost too buoyant for me. Super fast tho and i can recover from very far back, so that is definite plus.

I am still looking for a Byerly Hazard or something very similar to a Hazard in 4' 8". Totally loved that board when a friend brought one on boat a few weeks ago. Was not quite as thick as my Doomswell Neo and was the most agile board I have ever been on. Hopefully I will stumble on a used one somewhere that I can buy tho I will still ride this Neo frequently, I do like it a lot.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..