Nick610s

Help me set my 08 sv230 up please! (Surf)

Nick610s    2

Alright first thing is first, I did use the forum search function, and didn't quite find what I was looking for. Sort of random.

anyhow, just got an 08 sv230 came with 4 factory ballast tanks 2 port 2 stab side, I'm guessing for a total of 4-600 lbs per side of ballast stock, correct me if I'm wrong. 

Has manual trim tab, no switch blade, no wedge. So pretty much no factory surf helpers.

i bought 2 400lb bags to go in the back lockers, and a 400lb center locker bag, and also a nauticurl shaper, 

i get a tall wave but it has hardly any push, and it does not lengthen out with all this stuff installed.  Tried anywhere from 11.0-12.5 on the perfect pass and not much different result. 

Do I need more ballast or just put one bag in a different spot? Do I need to move the weight or the shaper? 

Just trying to get the basics down and not run in circles.

thanks.

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

I am sure others with your boat will chime in....I meantime, I have the SV244 and use the Nauticurl. Run a total of about 4500lbs of ballast when using the suck gate. I load 500lb bow sac and put 400-500lbs of lead in front (this is with small crew of 2-3 people total). Putting weight in bow really helped me add length to my wave and the push is incredible. However, I also ran last time with NO lead in boat....so just the bow sac in front and it was still really good. Obviously running bow higher, but still had nice long wave that I could get a good 15ft behind boat and push was great. I run at 11mph....trim tab depends on lake conditions, but between 30-50%. (Know you don't have CATS, but it does nothing to my wave anyway when using suck gate so I leave it centered at 50).

You can play around with moving ballast..and the suckgate (I place mine 6-8" from back of boat). Sounds to me like you simply do not have enough ballast on board. Not sure how important bow ballast is in your boat, some people never use bow ballast. I suggest you get the biggest bags possible for your rear lockers and around 500+lbs of lead that you can move around till you dial it in. Suck gate wont do you any good unless you are sinking that hull, doesn't require any LESS ballast that listing to get your wave, if anything you need more since you are weighting boat even. (I do put about 200-250lbs LESS ballast on my NON-surf side...so more slightly more ballast on surf side) when using the Nauticurl....makes it super clean and perhaps that will help your "push" some?)

A good test is to get 10-12 people on boat to supplement your existing ballast and see what happens. If your wave improves (it always gets better with more weight)....buy more ballast. Good luck

Nick610s    2

The funny thing is I had 8 decent size people on the boat and still wasn't getting any sor of length, the bigger folks were all sitting center/back seats though. 400lb sac filled up front and a couple 150 lb people up front. I got a little more push but not much with that many up there. I mean I am new to surfing, but I get the whole lean forward to go faster and backwards to slow down, I can get about 20 yards and if I just barely get out of the pocket 3 feet off the back of the boat all the push is gone. Might just need to sink the thing more like you said.

Bigcatpt    408

Is your perfect pass GPS or paddlewheel?  

Usually if you wave is too short and tall you either need to speed up or put more weight in the bow.... or maybe both.  

You need to try and get 10.5 to 11.3 GPS verified speed and then start tweaking your ballast from there.  I believe @surf moocher (Who has a 2007 Enzo 230) runs his Perfect Pass (non-GPS) at 12.0.  We took a GPS out one day and he was running 10.7 GPS speed when his PP said 12.0.   So verify your speed if you are not running Perfect Pass Stargazer.  

I would also bag the nauticurl shaper until you get your ballast and speed worked out... And then add the shaper to clean up your wave.  But seriously an Enzo does not need a shaper....it is already a magical wave maker.

But do things in order...  1.  Speed correct    2.  Ballast (Enough of it and in the correct spot)   3.  Wave shaper

Hope that helps.   

• Like 1

Nick610s    2

I'll gps next time I'm out to see what we are at, and I'm going to move ballast to the front to see what that does for the wave. from what I've read should lengthen it out and give more push, maybe order a couple more fat sacs. 

Bongo Fury    640

Nick610's...Welcome to the site.  Below is my response to this on another thread....you need more weight on the surf side.  You will have a great wave:

Gents…..we ride with both quick fills full (500lbs each);Port Plug and Play Full (714lbs); Custom Port Pro Full( factory is 525lbs, according to Fly High our custom bag is around 750 lbs.…it completely fills the length of the locker and pushes the seat up a bit.  We cross vented the bag to stb side to help prevent bleeding…we still bleed btw just not as much); we throw 400 bag on port seat.  I have been meaning to buy 400lbs of lead to lose bag on the seat.  When we have a full crew we do not use the bag on the seat, we put everyone on port side and the heaviest guy in the corner. We almost never use bow weight.  If we want to lengthen the wave we may move a kid to the bow…don’t remember the last time I filled the bow ballast.   We ride anywhere from 10.8 to 11.4 depending on what rider likes.  Tab is always up to start and we tweak it from there. We do not have CATS on our boat. I think our wave is pretty sick….everybody else who has seen it thinks so too!

RhuntIII    555

I've been playing with my 2014 SV233 and this is what I have come up with. Should be pretty similar to your 230. We run 10.7 for my wife's skim style and 11.7 for me and the 9' longboard.

Rhale    80

Weight, weight, and more weight..lol, we run and Enzo sac (1450lbs) full and still have peeps stuffed in the back corners and have a switchblade.  You should have the rub rail under water and sometimes the back corner vent will be under.  The wave will be incredible.

• Like 1

Nick610s    2

So I am really not trying to run it listed, I do have a nauticurl I will install once I get my wave to lengthen out, putting 800 more lbs up front this next go around for 1200 up front and 1800 rear which includes 500 factory ballast per side and 400lb sacs per side. So 3000 total. Maybe that'll drop it in the water enough. 

chadr    328

Your Stock tanks (if they are the rectangular tanks like mine were) are only about 225 lbs each.  Do as @Rhale stated and trash the whole stock setup and add a ton of weight.  You will love it listed!  It grows on you!

Here is my build!

daz28iroc    73

for an avalanche which is only a foot shorter than yours and same year.

I run 1100 surf side, 8-900 non surf, 450 bow

full center hard stock tank and the mission delta gate

with 2-3 people its okay, with 8-10 ppl its great.

so add 100 - 150 lbs on each rear and you should be getting a wicked wave.

can always add a sack under the observers seat also.

InfinitySurf    302

Be careful adding too much bow weight if you don't have enough at rear as you can take waves/water over bow pretty easy when you turn around. (If someone is surfing...when they fall, drop ALL throttle to neutral and wait 5-10 seconds before you turn. That allows the main wave to wash by boat so you dont turn directly into it and take a roller over bow). While at surf speed you probably wont have any issues, its at slower or idle speeds that you risk taking on water...or even when sitting and someone else goes by you if you are not paying attention. Saying this cause it sounds like you may be new to surfing, not something you wanna learn the hard way.

1200lbs front...to 1800lbs rear sounds like its gonna be really bow heavy unless you also have 6-8 people sitting in back. 3-1 ratio is probably the most you want....4-1 is probably a little better and what majority of people that run bow weight do (and not all run bow weight either). The majority of your weight needs to be at rear since hull is designed to produce the best wave that way and allows your suck gate or listed wave to work. You may wanna try the 800 in back first....it may work awesome adding to front, just be careful till you know how boat is going to react.

Nick610s    2

thanks infinity surf, we are pretty new to it, it sounds like maybe I was going too slow to begin with as well, but I still need more weight in the back then or mid ship, I will try the 400's on the seats or floor in the center.

i did take one wave over the bow last weekend but that was my own fault I usually make a decent arc after someone falls to let most of the wave I by. 

Edited by Nick610s

daz28iroc    73

best turn around is no speed turn around..

drop to neutral, turn to right, give it a bit of reverse and u should be looking at your rider. with no waves between u.

lots of times if I hit neutral quick enough I don't even turn around I just let the surfer swim to us.

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

So we are now listing for a goofy wave as well and when listed with starboard weight it will be a left turn. On these larger Enzo's the listed boat is not that incomforable and wave is top of the line. Try most if not all your weight to the rear and mid of the boat, bow weight is normally not needed and can be simulated with an adjustable wake plate. 

nailem    29

Like others have said. You need more weight and listing it is going to give you the best wave. Listing is not as scare as it sounds. I think boats even listed with the bow sky high is scary.

I run 1100lb in surf side back locker and 750 (probably only fills to 650) under port bench. 11.2mph. No weight in front of the windshield unless you have 4 big guys with you then you may have to move one up front.

Edited by nailem

Bigcatpt    408
On 6/18/2017 at 10:14 PM, Nick610s said:

I'll gps next time I'm out to see what we are at, and I'm going to move ballast to the front to see what that does for the wave. from what I've read should lengthen it out and give more push, maybe order a couple more fat sacs. 

As a general rule lengthening out the wave will give it less push..... not more push....but more rideable real estate....if it has enough push to keep you going.   Tall and big will give you tons of push.  The challenge is to find the right blend of height and length and volume that still gives you plenty of push.

• Like 1

Nick610s    2

well just an update to those who helped out, I added a 650lb fatsac to the arsenal and put it on the floor at the back seat, used both 400 lb locker bags and all 900lbs factory ballast and a nautcurl, 4th time out surfing and was able to let go of the rope and surf for as long as I could stand it! I think im going to fill the front bag half full next time to try and make the wave a bit taller. other than that happy with the setup now. thanks again everyone for the guidance.

• Like 1

Rhale    80

Sweet!  I was wondering if the Nauticurl would work on our hull shape!  Thinking of ordering one for our goofy surfers since I don't have an Enzo bag on the Starboard side.

Nick610s    2

@Rhale yeah we had a goofy rider with us and it cleaned up the stab side wave pretty good, he was able to throw the rope too and ride it out, we had equal weight throughout the boat though. The nauticurl helped for sure. Probably didn't need it on the port wave but since I have it might as well right!?!?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..