xj1514

XJ's Official S238 thread...pictures

xj1514    13
22 minutes ago, qxbuzz said:

My last boat was black and orange, no flake.  The black flake hides a lot of things unlike the regular black on my last boat.  I love black..  Black truck,  black on the boat....

I do love silver flake.  I thought of that when we ordered this boat, but my wife picked all the colors, all the options (which she picked almost all the options.)

The only thing I vetoed her on was the trailer.  She wanted the standard trailer, and I had the upgraded trailer added with the 18" wheels, tires and wider fenders.  The trailer is two-tone also to match the boat.

Silver flake makes sense. My flat black is impossible to keep clean and scratch free. All my sparkle hides everything. 

xj1514    13

Talked to the dealer today, all my issues Im having will be fixed as soon as I can have the boat to them for a week or so. This is exactly why I went with Lifestylewake, they are awesome people and always do the right thing. 

25 hour service will be done soon, and will  have it out on the water tomorrow. Going to try the Ronix 5'7" Thruster. 

xj1514    13

Thruster is awesome and so is the dart. The dart is an all around good board for every one on the boat. The thruster is really good for me being a big guy that rides pretty aggressive, very fast but is really easy to submerge the front tip. 

For now, I'm gonna buy the dart, down the road I will get one that is just for me. 

For settings, Im running all ballast full. Trim 20-35, and surf tabs 60-70. I move 200 lbs of lead around on the floor to surf side. With the thruster I was able to lengthen the wave and ride farther back. Went ropeless for over 5 minutes. Super fun now that boat is set up "right". 

MFaso    56
9 hours ago, xj1514 said:

Thruster is awesome and so is the dart. The dart is an all around good board for every one on the boat. The thruster is really good for me being a big guy that rides pretty aggressive, very fast but is really easy to submerge the front tip. 

For now, I'm gonna buy the dart, down the road I will get one that is just for me. 

For settings, Im running all ballast full. Trim 20-35, and surf tabs 60-70. I move 200 lbs of lead around on the floor to surf side. With the thruster I was able to lengthen the wave and ride farther back. Went ropeless for over 5 minutes. Super fun now that boat is set up "right". 

Good to hear man!

xj1514    13

...and 5'3" Liquid Force Dart is purchased from Wakemakers. Their demo program is top notch and even had the board in stock. 

If all goes well, will be getting lessons from Shane Bonifay this week, very excited. 

Cwazy1    89

I'm glad that it worked out at the end. 

A few riding pointers from watching your video

1. don't do the hand paddle thing. I know its probably a habit but a solid pump or two will have significantly more affect than doing doggie style stroke on the curl. If you develop a strong habit of doing that, you'll default to that motion rather than pumping in a situation where you're losing the wave- and that'll guarantee you won't get back in. 

2. I can see you have understanding of the basic physical motion of pumping, but the efficiency of your pump is decreased by the fact that you're not utilizing the full transition of the wave to do it. you should be driving down the wave harder with your front foot. You go up the wave, then you only drive to about half way down and shift your weight to the back. Think about it this way- your knees should be most bent at the highest point of a pump and your legs should be straight at the bottom of a pump. I get a feeling that you're worried about driving too hard with your front foot and dipping the nose of the board into the water. This shouldn't be a concern with pumping because your board should never be in the flats at the lowest point of a pump. It should be at the bottom of the transition where you're still on a rail. 

3. You're pearling the board a few times on your carves, think about where your body weight is in correlation to where you are on the wave. Don't be afraid to shift weight around so that at the peak of the carve you're heavy front footed and in the flats you're more on your back foot. 

Edited by Cwazy1

xj1514    13
1 hour ago, Cwazy1 said:

I'm glad that it worked out at the end. 

A few riding pointers from watching your video

1. don't do the hand paddle thing. I know its probably a habit but a solid pump or two will have significantly more affect than doing doggie style stroke on the curl. If you develop a strong habit of doing that, you'll default to that motion rather than pumping in a situation where you're losing the wave- and that'll guarantee you won't get back in. 

2. I can see you have understanding of the basic physical motion of pumping, but the efficiency of your pump is decreased by the fact that you're not utilizing the full transition of the wave to do it. you should be driving down the wave harder with your front foot. You go up the wave, then you only drive to about half way down and shift your weight to the back. Think about it this way- your knees should be most bent at the highest point of a pump and your legs should be straight at the bottom of a pump. I get a feeling that you're worried about driving too hard with your front foot and dipping the nose of the board into the water. This shouldn't be a concern with pumping because your board should never be in the flats at the lowest point of a pump. It should be at the bottom of the transition where you're still on a rail. 

3. You're pearling the board a few times on your carves, think about where your body weight is in correlation to where you are on the wave. Don't be afraid to shift weight around so that at the peak of the carve you're heavy front footed and in the flats you're more on your back foot. 

I'am trying to digest all of this, I'm thinking I have some things backwards in my head. Let me think on it and see if I can come up with something intelligible. And roger, no more doggie style. 

xj1514    13

My wife and I had the opportunity to get lessons from Shane Bonifay yesterday. All I can say is it was an amazing experience and we learned a ton. My wife and I were able to consistently drop the rope. We are riding the Dart 5'3", and Iam now able to ride the Ronix Koal 5' board. Shout out to Lifestylewake for providing the opportunity and to Shane for giving such great lessons. 

Shaka    146

So how are you feeling about your boat now?

xj1514    13
2 minutes ago, Shaka said:

So how are you feeling about your boat now?

I am enjoying surfing for sure. I have found all bags full for goofy, shift 200 lbs of lead to starboard, surf tab 70, and 0-30 on trim has the most push. 

Regualar side the same settings in reverse order, with the exception of starboard side  pnp at 50%. 

Do I like the boat? Yes. However it has alot of small issues which I am understanding are normal with boats. 

Am I still going to demo a 230 and G23? Yes, however the wave will have to be 400 dollars a month better. I would like to make this boat work fo three years, then Go to a G. I will get to demo the 18's at the end of August. 

Would I buy one again? 

Yes if you are in the 90k or under price range its a good boat. 

• Like 1

MFaso    56

I have found once I "got it" I am seeing myself get better every time out. Last night my "sweet spot" officially extended to the entire wave. From the curl right up to the boat and I am able to recover from FAR back most of the time. It's weird how it works but the sweet spot where you "think" the push is, gets larger and larger as you ride and the board you thought wasn't for you is probably the best for you. :)

xj1514    13
1 hour ago, MFaso said:

I have found once I "got it" I am seeing myself get better every time out. Last night my "sweet spot" officially extended to the entire wave. From the curl right up to the boat and I am able to recover from FAR back most of the time. It's weird how it works but the sweet spot where you "think" the push is, gets larger and larger as you ride and the board you thought wasn't for you is probably the best for you. :)

Agreed. One thing i learned was if you get too far back, before the curl touches your leg move it forward and shift your weight, back in the wave. Glad you are still representing us heavy boys. 

MFaso    56

haha, yea man. I was thinking I should drop like 20lbs because my weight was holding me back. Now, I'm eating Pizza again and surfing just fine! LOL

I do the same with my back foot when I get far back. The water hitting you creates drag so stay out of that and you pop back up and recover. I took an ocean board out Thursday night.(It was a 6'1) I was hanging 5 while the curl hit the back of the board, It was awesome!

I was out this morning and I'm heading back at 8:30am tomorrow morning. The lake here is REALLY busy on weekends. You can't surf after 11am Saturdays and sundays. There's no quiet spot...

xj1514    13
6 hours ago, MFaso said:

haha, yea man. I was thinking I should drop like 20lbs because my weight was holding me back. Now, I'm eating Pizza again and surfing just fine! LOL

I do the same with my back foot when I get far back. The water hitting you creates drag so stay out of that and you pop back up and recover. I took an ocean board out Thursday night.(It was a 6'1) I was hanging 5 while the curl hit the back of the board, It was awesome!

I was out this morning and I'm heading back at 8:30am tomorrow morning. The lake here is REALLY busy on weekends. You can't surf after 11am Saturdays and sundays. There's no quiet spot...

Our lakes here are busy as well, not so busy that I cant surf most of the day, but the water gets choppy and the etiquette is atrocious. Lots of boats way too close. 

I really need to get the Ronix Thruster 5'7", the dart is great for the smaller folks that are learning, but about 40% less push than the Thruster which puts me way up on nose past the grip. Still tossing the rope, just not alot of margin for error vs the Thruster. 

Burned 30 gallons of fuel today. Sheesh. Dont mind the boat payment, its the gas that will eat you up. 

• Like 1

xj1514    13
On 7/11/2017 at 2:23 PM, h20king said:

post-777-0-07230900-1475241870_thumb.jpg

I saw you today on the Deschutes arm. Looking good. 

h20king    794
On 7/22/2017 at 11:06 PM, xj1514 said:

I saw you today on the Deschutes arm. Looking good. 

Sorry we missed you. I did not have cell service and could not remember what boat was yours. Was surprised how many Supremes were on the lake. 

xj1514    13
2 hours ago, h20king said:

Sorry we missed you. I did not have cell service and could not remember what boat was yours. Was surprised how many Supremes were on the lake. 

Mine was the only one not listed lol. 

xj1514    13

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/xj1514/A4121ED8-DC05-4CA1-9665-86E32AE3BAF9.jpg

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/xj1514/F8D33771-4CCF-467C-A3B3-0570FDDB48CA.jpg

I apologize for the links. Photobucket has a new 3rd party hosting plan, which I think I need to pay to use, what else is out there for images? 

The two photos are the carpet on my bunks, they are littered with metal grinding residue and one large piece of metal, presumably from the trailer manufacturer. My hull is scraped through the black and has white showing. What a joke. Check your trailers on the new boats. 

h20king    794
54 minutes ago, xj1514 said:

Mine was the only one not listed lol. 

We were the only ones listed that we seen